92 Accord/ H22 SH will it work???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sicarbnrex

I have a 92 accord and have a h22 sh engine and tranny available to me very cheap. I know in the EG hatch this is a no no for swaps due to the ATTS. I browsed for a lil while and didnt see any threads on this so my question is will it work in my accord without any crazy/major modifications or is this motor/tranny combo too much of a pain in the @ss??? :confused:

well it depends on what you are planing to do i guess.... the h22a4 engine will work but lose the atts and the tranny, make a custom plate to hold the intermediate shalf and use a accord or non sh prelude tranny... and everything else is just like any other h22 swap....

you can also modify the rear engine mount and mount the tranny and atts in your accord.. but unless you are the king of wiring and get the sh wire harness and wire in the immobilizer run the 97-up ecu and atts control and you could have a 91 accord type SH, also will need custom axles as i am sure that sh axles will not work (but if you have them try them, let us know) you can look me up on preludepower.com as i have done a 2000 SH swap in my 91 lude... i am also installing a sh engine in my accord but i am not using the sh tranny. PM me if you need some help...

Just lose the ATTS tranny and buy a regular Prelude transmission. It will be much easier...

you can use your f22 tranny if you dont have the money right now.
the h22 swaps in. and if you use that f22 tranny that was originally in the car,
you do not have to do anything with axles. stock accord axles are the way to go.

just wire up vtec, make sure yo have the right motor mounts.
and good to go.

I know on the reg h22 i can use my f22 tranny but the H22 I have available really cheap is the SH. So I know the block is different due to the atts. Will the SH block mount to my stock F22 tranny?? Thanks for all the info guys!

so question for the prelude guys is...

is there a difference between mounting the H22 ATTS tranny and the normal H22 trany?? I thought mounting was all the same. but I am not to familiar with ATTS.

good luck man.

Back