92 Accord Issue with bogging at high Rpm's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedf22

dis is why im not
A little about the car:
JDM F22B dohc non vtec (Almost the same as the usdm H23)
I changed the car from an auto to a 5spd with an h2s4 tranny with a wavetrac diff.
The motor is all stock other than an short ram intake and a header.
The motor was tuned on a dyno and ran good for about 3 months.

The problem:
Before the 2 step was set at 7k rpm, when sitting still and trying to rev the car up. It will reach 5500-6000 rpm and slowly bog back down to 4500rpm and back up to 6000rpm. Its not taching out like it should be.

When driving down the road and trying to tach out the rpm's. The car will not go past 6k rpms. More or less does the same thing that it has been doing when sitting still. It also has a different sound from the exhaust then what it had before the issue started. Deeper sound from the exhaust.

Things I have done to try and eliminate the problem:
Replaced the Map sensor
Replaced the fuel filter
Replaced the fuel pump (255LPH)
Replaced the rotor button
Replaced the distributor cap
Replaced the spark plugs
Replaced the spark plug wires
Checked all grounds and they are in tact.
I am running a p28 chipped on Neptune. I am not getting any CEL's

So I am thinking it could be the coil pack? Distributor? Since I have eliminated the fuel issue, maybe its something deeper with the ignition?

I am hoping someone else has had this issue or may know about my problem.

I can supply Video if needed.

try swapping distributors with a buddies known to be good one for a minute. when my 91 accord distributor went out the bearing in it wobbled slightly and i would loose power and rpms. (engine power not elecrical power) and it only did this under a load. actually i had to floor it up a hill on the freeway to get it to mess up because my mom was driving it when it first happened. when she got back and told me about it i didnt hear nothing wrong and it drove around the neighborhood fine. opened it up on the freeway and up that hillto put a good load on it and at 115 MPH or so it lost alot of engine power and threw codes. if you turned it off the engine light would disappear until i opened it up again. you have that chipped p28 so maybe that isnt picking up ant codes for some reason. i've never messed with those so this is just a possibility. swap your distributor with a friends if you can. just to see if thats the problem

Back