1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Accord LX/ RPMs fluxuate at Idle and studder while driving..Help

Discussion in 'Accord' started by FlyBoy1111, Nov 11, 2009.

1. FlyBoy1111

FlyBoy1111 New Member

Just today I started my accord and my rpms at idle fluxuated dramatically...but my car didn't stall. While I drove my rpms fluxuated around 2000 to 3000 rpm but not as much as it did while idling. While driving it almost seemed like the car would jerk as the rpm dipped.

Anybody out there with some experience with this kind of problem?? I appreciate any advice you have.

Thanks,

2. f22b1 coupe

f22b1 coupe Junior Member

If it's at idle when cold, it's the cold idle air control valve. If it does it all the time, it could potentially be the Intake Idle Control Valve (IACV). Could you describe what you mean by when you are driving? THe RPM's shouldn't "fluctuate" while you are in gear and accelerating or cruising even if it is one of those valves.

3. jeremy112683

jeremy112683 New Member

replace plugs, rotor, and dist cap.. if still does it, replace ICM inside distributor

4. f22b1 coupe

f22b1 coupe Junior Member

Yeah if you can feel it kinda "studdering" or "missing out" a little, then it could be ignition stuff, ie plugs wire distributor components.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted