92 accord possibilites

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My buddy just picked up a 92 Accord for free, and he wants to have some fun with it. Im just doing some research for him and seeing what is out there for him. He has about $8,000. I know that there is the obvious H swap. What about building the F? I know that the aftermarket for the F isnt that great but there has to be some stuff out there. The only reason Id like him to stay with the engine he has is just because all of the extra garbage that goes along with a H swap. If he builds the engine how easy would it be to piece together a turbo kit for it? If anybody out there wants to just throw out some ideas of what they would do if they were in this situationl, Id appreciate. Thanks alot

h motors are super easy going into a 1990+ accord so nothing extra, i say build a sweet turboed h series boost the shit out of it

boost the f series is right :)

I'm selling a Fseries turbo kit, 1200 (shameful plug :p)

i know the motor has an 8.8 stock CR. With forged pistons, rods, and sleeves the motor should be able to handle any decent amoun of boost thrown at it, right? What kind of cam is good for the f22 boosted?

Not sure they make one for it. I'm sure you can get a custom regrind though, I think Delta is the company of choice for that.

true...

a true enthusiast takes care of his buddies car, why he does not want to research himself. I love projects that arent mine, not my money not my problem. Enjoy! I love the 90-93 years 4th gen. Such a beautiful piece of machinery. Yah well if hes just starting maybe learning more himself about the engine would be good. But most likely just another guy with money and doesnt wanna know the tech info. BOOOOO!

that is true i saw a nice looking 96 accord coupe one time and i was cheking it out, a guy walked up to me and i said nice ride you know, and come to find out he has no idea what the fuck he was doing just paying for some one to hook it up for him, the car had a nice paint job a nice hunter green with a tan interior and a buddy club body kit, nice rims but he had no idea what he had done and for what reason.

there are quit a few ways to peice together a turbo kit for the f22 considering the early talon and eclipse turbo manifold fits right on there. I know a guy who turboed his prelude with talon stuff and dynoed at 310whp. I also found a web site that makes lots of f22 stuff its actually called f22parts.com they're an ebay store pretty much they where the only one i've found who makes cams for the non vtech f22. I was going to turbo my f22 but than I got to doing research on the h22 swap and i've made up my mind to do that. No one knows how much boost a stock h22 will take by chance do you. I know that an stock f22 will take 9psi for a while but I woouldn't recomend going more than 7psi to run all the time but if you do some interal stuff you could run alot more.

i know the motor has an 8.8 stock CR. With forged pistons, rods, and sleeves the motor should be able to handle any decent amoun of boost thrown at it, right? What kind of cam is good for the f22 boosted?
It would matter where you turbo spolled up at I would try and pick a cam that comes in about 4000rpm or so than it would easly pull to 7000rpm or 7200rpm I would go on f22 parts.com and check out your options. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Oh yeah I would get a ecm upgrade if not an full stand alone system the stock computer in the accords seem to not deal with changes to well I would go with megasquirt if you don't mind do a little more tuning they're only about 400 if they put them together if you do you can get them for less vs the 1700 for the aem system witch is a piggy back system also so you are more limited to what you can do it seems

Last edited:
My buddy just picked up a 92 Accord for free, and he wants to have some fun with it. Im just doing some research for him and seeing what is out there for him. He has about $8,000. I know that there is the obvious H swap. What about building the F? I know that the aftermarket for the F isnt that great but there has to be some stuff out there. The only reason Id like him to stay with the engine he has is just because all of the extra garbage that goes along with a H swap. If he builds the engine how easy would it be to piece together a turbo kit for it? If anybody out there wants to just throw out some ideas of what they would do if they were in this situationl, Id appreciate. Thanks alot
look at eclipse parts for the turbo kit you can pick an entire system up for less than a grand easy.

Back