92 accord pulls right when shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

Say if I was driving straight and I shift from 2nd to 3rd, the steering wheel will pull to the right and then straighten up again. I also notice this if I drive real slow and push the brakes the wheel will yank to the right and when I let off the brake it'll straigten up again. I've also got serious vibration in the steering when I'm braking.

You guys have any idea what this could be?? Could it be suspension problems, like upper control arm or ball joints with play? I was think brake rotor too but that only explains the braking problem

Your ball joints might be out- but definitely check your rotors for the vibration. You will get some torque steer with a 92 Accord.

Well, today I changed the lower ball joints on both sides and replaced the upper control arms on both sides which includes the upper ball joints. During the process I also found the left brake caliper partially ceased, so I loosened it up. Put it all back together and the car feels solid now. :D

Back