92 auto tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lord Les

I have a nice 4 door, 1992 Honda Accord LX with automatic transmission. The tranny just went ka-blewie and I have to put a new one in. I don't want to mess around with a manual tranny, and my local do it yourself wrecking yards don't have any 90-93 Accords with auto tranmissions.

So I called around and all the wrecking yards told me that only 90-93 Accord auto tranny's will work, but I have a habit of not believing people. So, I searched here and sorted through about 298 posts. Here is one, where user BrutalB83 replies, that I think answers my question:

hondaswap.com/accord/1992-accord-ex-94617/

But I would like a simple, definitive answer that uses newbie language (like year, model, etc) rather than engine codes. When I call around to wrecking yards, they don't understand all that 'ngine code stuff. And if there is a cross reference list that I could use in the future, please enlighten me.

Thanx all!

Hmmm...well...honestly I'm not sure if anything besides 90-93 would work. I'd assume that 94-97 auto transmissions would work also, but I can't really say for certain. Any F or H-series manual transmission from 90-97 would work, but I don't know if the automatics need to be paired with specific ECUs to work correctly or not...

Anyone else know?

Im pretty shure that 94-97 will work.
My friend put a 95 tranny in his 93 accord lx and im about 99.9% shure no wiring was needed .
best thing you can do is TRY!!!!

Back