1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 auto tranny question

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Lord Les, May 26, 2008.

1. Lord Les

Lord Les New Member

I have a nice 4 door, 1992 Honda Accord LX with automatic transmission. The tranny just went ka-blewie and I have to put a new one in. I don't want to mess around with a manual tranny, and my local do it yourself wrecking yards don't have any 90-93 Accords with auto tranmissions.

So I called around and all the wrecking yards told me that only 90-93 Accord auto tranny's will work, but I have a habit of not believing people. So, I searched here and sorted through about 298 posts. Here is one, where user BrutalB83 replies, that I think answers my question:

hondaswap.com/accord/1992-accord-ex-94617/

But I would like a simple, definitive answer that uses newbie language (like year, model, etc) rather than engine codes. When I call around to wrecking yards, they don't understand all that 'ngine code stuff. And if there is a cross reference list that I could use in the future, please enlighten me.

Thanx all!

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Hmmm...well...honestly I'm not sure if anything besides 90-93 would work. I'd assume that 94-97 auto transmissions would work also, but I can't really say for certain. Any F or H-series manual transmission from 90-97 would work, but I don't know if the automatics need to be paired with specific ECUs to work correctly or not...

Anyone else know?

3. 93AccordEX

93AccordEX New Member

Im pretty shure that 94-97 will work.
    My friend put a 95 tranny in his 93 accord lx and im about 99.9% shure no wiring was needed .
    best thing you can do is TRY!!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted