92 civic 4dr + B18 exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmr01

I am installing a 93 B18 into a 92 civiv 4dr. Would any off the shelf parts bolt up to the B18 exhaust pipe(just after the O2 sensor) all the way to the rear of the car? Wanted to keep it stock with pipe diameter to match B18.

sometime it matchs sometimes it doesn't. Try the exhaust to see if it matches up. your going to want new exhaust anyways. the stock is under two inchs, VERY RESTRICTIVE!!! you might blow a head gasket by reving to high with that back pressure. go to the local muffler shop and have them bend you 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch cat back piping so you don't break anything.

Darin

Thanks for the input...I was just thinking with the cost of the bigger B18 cat and the custom work, I might be looking at a pretty big bill from the muffler shop. I haven't bought any exhaust pieces yet, so was looking for a "stock solution". Even the B18's exhaust piping would be better than the Civics( looks a little bigger). Maybe custom is the only way to go...thanks again....

Back