92 Civic Amp Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

my brother has a 92 civic si and were tryin to put an amp in it...i cant find any holes in the firewall to connect the amp power cord to the battery...can anyone help??

lol...there is always a soft spot...try running through where you harness meets the ecu...but hey...it's his money right

Ok dude, I have a 92 civic vx, and be careful when installing the amp, i learned that the hard way. There is a soft spot on the passenger side a little below the battery. Well you can punch through it but be really really careful because on the other side is a thing that holds what i believe is the freon for your ac, and if you puncture that seal you have to take the whole dash off to replace it. Well when my friend and i installed we werent careful and pssssst shit started leaking everywhere, so now i have no ac.

Originally posted by kingwilly@Jun 7 2003, 08:41 PM
nevermind..hes takin it to a shop

If he wants to save money, just run it through the grommet that the harness goes through, easy and takes about 30 seconds.

also make sure you you dont stick it near the metal, it could rub, cut the coating and ground out. If you dril a new hole, go buy some garmet's so you dont have that problem of grounding out.

Back