92 civic b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1fasthonda

hi guys i got a couple questions about a b18c1 swap into a 92 civic hatch
-what is the best model to use? (i've heard VX)
-will all the motor mounts work with the b18c1? (i've heard ill need a stock front integra mount with stock civic rubber)
-how hard will it be to get the motor in? (this will be my first swap and i have a decent amount of automotive know how)
-how hard will it be to do the wiring for vtec? (i've heard VX 92 civics are "pre-wired" for vtec what does this mean like how much pre-wired?)
-how hard will the wiring be for this swap?
-about how much would it cost? (i know this is a very broad question but i'd like to know the "average" cost)
thanks for all the help in advance
mike

Ir really doesn't mater what model you use, at all. The VX is "the best" because it doesn't have pretyt much anything on it that adds weight, no a/c, no rear wiper, none of that, but if you get a DX oe EX you can still strip it down to get the weight off. All 92-95 Civics are prewired for Vtec I beleive, meaning all the wiring is in the harness it's just not pinned into the ECU because, well... you don't have Vtec so it would be pointless:/ If you can swing it, get all the teggy mounts to, maybe someone here knows exactly which ones to use, but I think you need all the teggy motor mounts, could be wrong though. The wiring itself is simple. Search Wiring Vtec in google or something, there only 2 wires that need conecting I think, the Vtec wire, and the knock sensor, or chip your ECU to overlook that sensor, either way, it's easy. As for cost, it's TOO broad. Cost of car, engine, tranny, ecu, mounts, linkages... are you doing it, is a mechanic? do you have the car? can you get a deal on an engine?.. just to many factors, we'd need way more info on what you have to even GUESS what you need will cost.

i might be able to get a 94 or 94 integra gsr (wrecked in rear) for about 1500 bucks and that would have everything i need right? and i would be doing the swap myself in my garage... yeah i might need some help if theres anyone willing in the sacramento calif. area (gotta sell my poz first.. :( ) thanks again would this be enough info to wire vtec for the first time? https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41608
mike

hi guys i got a couple questions about a b18c1 swap into a 92 civic hatch
-will all the motor mounts work with the b18c1? (i've heard ill need a stock front integra mount with stock civic rubber)
-how hard will it be to get the motor in? (this will be my first swap and i have a decent amount of automotive know how)
-how hard will it be to do the wiring for vtec? (i've heard VX 92 civics are "pre-wired" for vtec what does this mean like how much pre-wired?)
-about how much would it cost? (i know this is a very broad question but i'd like to know the "average" cost)
mike

I thought you were calling me ot at first.

- I'd say the VX, purely for the fact it's defenitly wired for VTEC and has a tach

-You'd be better off just getting all the ted mounts, you'll need the driver top mount, front bracket, trans bracket and rear L bracket

-Very easy. I can do swaps in a few hours. My first one took less than a day

-If you have/get a VX its literally plug and play

-There is no wiring, it's plug and play

-no idea on cost

Originally posted by 1fasthonda@Aug 6 2005, 07:54 AM

Reasons being, as mentioned above, it is the lightest, next to the CX, has a tachometer, and is a vtec model, so that part is done.

Use all the Integras brackets (the ones that bolt to the motor itself), with the Civics or Integras mounts

If you take the time to plan it out, label the harness, and have all the tools, a few hours, if things go wrong, indefinitely

All 92 Civics have the wiring for vtec from the canon plug, to the ECU. The VX/EX/Si's have it all the way from teh solenoid to the ECU.

For a GSR, you will need to wire: The o2 sensor from a five wire to a four, wire in the IAB, and the knock sensor. None are hard, teh o2 wiring guide is in the swap/tech articles on the main forum page. There's also a how to on wiring vtec that takes you through the basics of correctly wiring different sensors

Motor, shop time, tools, random thinks....who knows, $3000 - $4000
mike
[post=536484]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot about the IAB's.

I never had to wire the O2 sensor.But I always had b18b/a1's

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 7 2005, 12:49 AM

[post=536714]Quoted post[/post]​

VX and CX are the only ones that require a rewire of the o2, since the VX has a five wire wideband and the CX uses a one wire.

thanks guys now it looks like all i have to do is sell my car... anyones woman need a daily sedan? :D :p really if anyone is interested PM ill send u some pics and stuff

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 6 2005, 06:57 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Aug 7 2005, 12:49 AM

[post=536714]Quoted post[/post]​

VX and CX are the only ones that require a rewire of the o2, since the VX has a five wire wideband and the CX uses a one wire.
[post=536718]Quoted post[/post]​

You shouldn't have to much trouble with this swap or the wiring. And as stated it doesn't matter what Civic you use, you can lighten ALL of them down to like 1500 pounds if you really want, and guage bezels are all interchangable. Listen to b16vx though, he knows his shit, :worthy: , and his wiring how-to, should put you on the road in no time!

sweet thanks for all the help so i sould be able to do this in a weekend for the first time or what you guys think?

Back