92 Civic CX Hatchback With MiniMe Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dasfinc

I'm finishing up this Project in the next week, and am considering trading in my Ford Focus and the money from this car for a Mazdaspeed3. I'd like $2800 OBO

Car is Located in Earlville IL 60518 *20 min south east from the intersection of the freeways I-88 and I-39

For Sale is a 1992 Honda Civic CX HB 5 spd, I am the second owner, the First owner was my father whom bought it new off the lot back in 1992

Car is White with Blue interior, Block has about 100K on it and the D16Y8 head on the car was just worked, (Milled, Mild port+polish*Cleaning mostly*, and a 3 angle valve job) has the typical rear fender well honda rust but isn't out of control and the car was underbody coated at the dealer, so the floors and underside are solid. The Transmission shifts smoothly through all 5 gears, and the clutch is less than a year old, also the Ebrake works, as well as all the electronics (Wipers, lights, stereo, that is about all that ISN'T manual on this car, hence its light weight)

Car is not 'pretty' but this IS the platform you want for ANY kind of buildup, it weighs sub 2100lbs, and has the Shock tower wiring for Vtec and has 4 valve relief pistons. Has dings/dents and a DX Door *Old door's window track rusted out, so I replaced the whole door, Still a Manual window. Interior is in pretty decent shape considering the age of the car and has a small tear in the driver side seat *In the base of the seat along the left seam, not in the side like many, and the Pass and rear seats are all perfect still. The ONLY real flaw on this car aside from it's less than stellar apperance is it could use fresh front lower control arm bushings, they are going, and causing camber wear on the front tires *causing the front 2 tires to wear un-evenly*

Visual work, and interior mods are as follows:
Car has Generic non-lighted M3 Mirrors as the old ones were pretty beat up and I like being able to see behind me, 'jdm' Amber corner lamps, Car also has a Generic CD Player that can play MP3/WMA, and also can play off of SD Cards, and USB Drives, wired to a pair of stock honda speakers in the front, and a pair of Insignia speakers mounted in the rear as well as a single 12" MTX Sub in the back under the cargo cover. Car also has a Honda Civic LX Manual Cluster *Cluster with 6800 RPM Redline Tachometer* displaying 115,XXX *had 112,XXX When put on car, Old cluster read 98,XXX.

Mechanical and Motor mods!
Car is a D15B8 Block with a D16Y8 Vtec Head, Head was worked litereally 3 days ago, and I will be mounting it and firing it up this week. The car already has *Or will have* the following:
New Headgasket, New headbolts, New Waterpump, New Timing Belt, New Valve cover and plug seals, New intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, New O2 Sensor, OBX Intake manifold, New Master and Slave clutch cylinders, Short Shifter, Generic 4-2-1 Header, 'high flow' cat, and an N1 Style the rest of the way *2.5 Inch*New battery, new front brake rotor pads and calipers, generic Intake, an Aluminium Megan Racing Under Drive Pully that has had the AC and PS pullys machined off, and the integrity of the pully tested by a machine shop, and lastly a Chipped P05 ECU done by Phearable.net setup FOR all those listed parts/modifications with a 7800RPM Redline, and a 5500RPM Vtec Xover.

Again I'm looking for $2800 OBO, again, the car is running right now, but it currently only has a DX 16 valve head swap with a D16A6 Cam and a D16Y7 Cam gear, but has burnt-up Valve seals causing a compression leak and loss of power below 3500RPM. (a P06 ECU is running this setup) the Swap will be performed either this up coming week, or next weekend with the parts mentioned earlier. If you are interested in a test drive this week prior to the setup being installed, you are more than welcome to

I will not seperate the setup that is going on the car FROM the car.

Pics below!!!

The8valvehead.jpg

MyD15B8Block.jpg

PassRearQuarter.jpg

Front.jpg

PassFrontQuarter.jpg

Front.jpg

Dash.jpg

*picture of the old cluster before it was pulled at the same time as the origional 16 valve swap, Please note the 3 month diffrence between that picture, and the ones with the head swap is due to the 8 valve head pitching its headgasket *wasn't driveable*, and it was too cold to work on the car untill may, but the picture gets the point Accross, this is a LOW mileage 1 owner car basically!*

Also, please don't post about me putting up pictures of the plates, Those plates were my Dads plates as I drove it for a month before the headgasket popped and never registered it untill recently, the plates in the picture are no longer registered to any vehicle and the car has a new set.

Any questions, Feel free to PM me here, or Email me at Dasfinc@hotmail.com

I`m insterested in this pice if it isn`t sold I`ll buy the engine out of it for 300.00 or unless you want to get back to me thax

Last edited:
Back