92 Civic CX Swap - 92 Teg motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dasfinc

I have a Blown 92 Civic CX HB 5 speed sitting in a Garage right now *Not blown in the good way, Blown headgasket Victim at 98K Miles D15 Non-Vtec* and just recently came accross a possible donor car, a 92 Integra GS I belive with only 30K Miles. What is the motor Designation for the Teg, and is there a specific link/resource I should be looking into for this swap? Or can anyone just gimme a list of parts? The Tegs motor/trans have already been pulled, Shell still has Axels... So I guess some stupid questions would be "Will this motor bolt right up to the S20 *I think its called* Manual Tranny from my CX? *New Clutch, Great condition, Same trans for all stick civic's 92-95 to my understanding so it could handle the extra power just fine* Will it bolt right up to the motor mounts, if not, what mounts would I need to attach this all up, and lastly, would the ECU literally just replace the current one from my Civic *Unbolt old one, Bolt in new one* yet again, if anyone has any resources they could point me to, or could just PM or post a list it would be an amazing help, Cause right now I'm driving a new 07 Ford Focus I just bought *Have pity on me, it was cheap, I can afford the payments, Warrenty etc etc etc*, and wanna be back in my Hatch ASAP

*Cliffs notes : Found Cheap B18A1 from Teg, Wanna Jam it into 92 Civic CX HB Cheap/fast as possible. Would like to keep Civics Trans if possible* :(

Last edited:
Another quick question would be how MUCH easier would a b18B Swap be if I could come across a 94+Teg GS?

search please, a swap includes the motor, trans, shift linkage, axles, etc. the only thing from that teg that wont swap over is the tranny, as its cable clutch actuated, instead of hydro like your car. if you can grab a hydro trans, everything else will work.

I did search quite a bit and didn't see anything exactly on this swap, and what would be required. Are the 94+ Tegs Hydro? and if I do the swap with the 92 teg, would I still use those axels if I pull a Hydro tranny from a diffrent teg? and my biggest concern was Mounts, and ECU Would I need new/Custom motor/trans mounts?

Probably the only thing that is you can use from the integra is the longbock. You need the back L bracket, shift linkage, axles, and tranny from the 94+ integra. Not sure about if the 92 integra are obd1 or not, but you'll need the obd1 ecu as well.

since obviously a 92 Teg swap is Stupid, what would the EASIEST swap into my 92 EG Civic be? aside from another D15 :( I'd like to get more power than just a D16 since I'm already going to be tearing the motor out, I'd like to put something note-worthy better into it. B18B series from a 94+ Teg? I don't Want V-tec, I Don't wanna Turbo it, I just want something out-of-the box that I could drop in, toss a few bolt-ons onto it, and call it a day. Car will be a DD once running.

Well then stupid question...
If I come accross a 94-96 Teg LS, I'd need Axels, Motor, Trans, ECU, does it all literally bolt right in? Motor mounts from my civic or from the Teg? would I buy an exhaust manifold then for a 94-96 Teg, and would the piping be close enough to Ghetto rig to my existing cat-back system?

For the most part it will bolt right in, your parts list is close, but you'll also want to get the wiring harness from the LS as well as the shift linkage. You'll want to use the motor mounts from the Integra.

The exhaust is kindof a pain in the ass, your axleback portion should work, but your midpipe will be short since you don't have a cat as your cat was in the exhaust mani on the cx. So your going to need to get a cat and have the flanges welded properly to fit your header and your midpipe.

The only other thing that should need modify is the throttle cable bracket because the mount point on the old motor is different than the new. When I did my swap I just cut a strip of steel, drilled holes where the strip mounted to the motor, and then drilled two more holes and bolted the throttle cable bracket where in needed to be. I have some pictures somewhere I'll try and dig up.

you dont have to have the wiring harness from an ls you can use you cx,, but mounts from the teg. are a must.. if you can get the whole car you can use alot of parts. where you from i might be able to find you a swap.

Ok, so shopping list:

94+ Integra motor/Trans/Axels/Ecu are all definate.
I will NEED motor mounts from the Integra, Shift linkage from the Integra, as well as I will have to Fab new mount for the throttle cable? if anyone has a pic of the throttle cable setup for this I'd really appreciate it, I'm definatly going ahead with this Swap.

Questions:
Will I need all motor AND trans mounts from the Teg? Or JUST the motor mounts?
Do I have to do ANYTHING at all related to replacing the axels or does it all drop right in, anything I SHOULD or HAVE to replace while I have the axels out of the Knuckles?

What would I have to do as far as the wiring harness goes? What would I have to do to not cut any wires and attach the Teg ECU to the harness thats there? Does it need an adapter to fit into the harness? etc...

As far as the exhaust Manifold goes, I could buy some cheap Mani from Fleabay for a 94+ Teg LS, and bolt it on, but it would need to be shortened to attach to the rest of my Cat-Back system? *The Catback I Own is for a DX Hatch I belive because I never bothered installing anything but the over the axel pipe/muffler because it had to pass emissions at the time, and I bought the whole thing assuming it was for the CX, Its clearly not, so cliffs notes: would a DX Hatch back Cat-back bolt right up to the Integra exhaust Mani? And will I need a cat? or do most fleabay ones come with a hollowed out one or w/e? I guess the bottom line is I don't want to weld and I'd like to fabricate as little as possible.

Thank you already for everyones input, I will post pics of the car after Xmas in its current state and ask for any ideas, Car is white with Blue interior, 16' Enkel rims with 205's on them, looks good, but it'd be nice to drop it I think.... Car has manual EVERYTHING Light as can be, wish me luck with the project everyone!

Anyone have the same/similar setup so I can get an idea of what numbers I'd be looking at with just basically an intake/Exhaust and the swap?

94-95 ls ecu will plug in direct but, 96 plus will not "OBD2"
i would just put new axels in it when you do the swap.. since it has a mid shaft you cant use you stock civic axels. what i meant by getting a ebay exhaust mani. is you said you want to have it as a daily driver w/ bolt ons. you dont need the mani.. but i think you have to cut you exhaust and re-weld it.. not to sure i didnt have to on my ex but thats diff.
you need all mount from engine. upper lower back.

it you get the whole teg. you should do a brake swap.. front and rear disc.. great idea for the swap..
lmk how it goes i have pics of my hatch and all the things i have done to it so far.

Last edited:
my friend had a ls in his cx and it was pretty stout.. from 0-45 he would pull my coupe but after my heavy ass car got going it was all pull.
i just bought a dx hatch last thursday.. need alot of work but i love it light as hell i pushed it on to the trailer but myself.
i am putting my _R in it this week but no one knows how to wire v-tec

As in buying a Teg Exhaust Mani on Fleabay just to make it stainless from front to back, and then I could cut/sleeve whatever I'd need to*

Thank you for the input, How much bigger are the front brakes? and whats involved for that?

Back