92 civic ex o2 sensor issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skellagher

Elder Driver
ok so my buddy has a 92 ex auto and he was throwing a cel code 41 for o2 sensor he replaced the o2 sensor and reset the ecu to clear the codes but it was still going on so i go over there to maybe figure it out but come to find out his ex has a p07 ecu which from my understanding is from a VX? but i had him exchange the o2 sensor and put the new one in and reset the ecu again but same issue code 41 pops up again. so what the hell do i do? could the ecu be causing the issue i mean it didnt have the code about 2 weeks ago but this has become a troubling issue for me because now i am truly stumped :confused:

1992 EX Sedan should have a D16Z6 motor (engraved on the motor by the trans) and a P28 ECU

Check the code on the motor first. But if its a D16Z6....he has the wrong ECU (which seems really weird). Not sure on all the different VX models but I thought they had 2 O2 sensors? One near the head on the exhaust manifold and one on the downpipe??

Either you thought it was the wrong motor (and got the wrong O2) or its the D16Z6 and he has the wrong ECU

yea thats what made me determine it was the wrong ecu the engine stamp is the first thing i checked and sure enough its a d16z6 and i know it needs an auto p28 ecu

So it was running with the VX ECU and things were fine before? Thats weird

thats what he says anyway but the vx has a six wire o2 sensor to my understanding so i dont see why it would ever work

I have read a variety of O2 sensors....dont know what to believe. Just check the ECU and go from there

Back