92 civic gsr motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swiftgsr

I recently put a 98 gsr motor in my 92 civic eg, now I'm in a jamm I NEED ac in it if possible can any1 help, I don't know what I need to do for it to work I need a list if any1 knows

Thank u

Well I it did orginally but when I brouht the car it wasnt workin because the motor would have died now I'm swapin the motor and I would like it to work with the gsr motor

I am in a similar dilemma '92 eg si with a b16

My motor (JDM) came with the pump and bracket but I have been told that it wont work.

Sadly...I think many are not that knowledgeable about A/C systems (except how to take them out lol)

I have been 'told' that you need a USDM DEL SOL DOHC VTEC a/c bracket (to the block) and the USDM SOHC VTEC (d16z6 obd1) pump.. You need the pressure lines from the pump too and it should connect to your existing stuff. If you have the correct pump...then you just need the mounting bracket (online for about $75)

You're like me...you need an r-12 pump...not r-134a pump (all '92's are r-12) so be careful when dealing with that (yes you can convert but I say NO!!)
I'm going to the recyclers in the next week or so.

You can PM me if you want and I'll update you. A/C is going in for sure dammit!

oh....you will also need to replace all the rings becaus the coolant is what keeps the rings functioning (thus...empty lines means rings go bad)

But they're cheap

i have a 94 hb whit ac i use gsr compresor original condensor but i change only one hose cam off of the integra

So you are saying its a hose issue? If I can get the right hose set up then my jdm b16 might work? Hope so....nice thanks for the advise

Condenser too? Duh...i just saw that. Gotta get lucky for me though b/c I need it to be r-12 (my car and pump are now)

well lucky for me i have the whole interga hopefully lol what was i need from the civic to get the AC to work just a hose?

Back