92 civic h23/22a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

islandcivic

Hey so I’m still learning about Honda’s... have owned a few of them and have just started to read up on the power they can make... I hear so much about the h22a into a eg civic but have never heard of the h23/22a Frankenstein into one.. Any reason for this? I only ask because this is what I was planning on doing because I currently own a 92 prelude and would like to do the head and comp. swap and then pop it into a eg. I know a lot of people say there is no handling with the h series swap but that’s not a problem... anyone know something I don’t? Feel free to post.

There shouldn't be any issues putting that combo into a Civic. It will bolt in the same way any other H or F swap would...

thank you brutalb83 .... looks like im going to go that route.. also would like to twin turbo it at some point. so i will prob. rebuild the bottom end when i do the swap and then just do the top end when i decide to turbo it .. thanks for the imput

You're putting more weight in the engine section of the vehicle. Just because of basic physics it wont handle as well as if you had a lighter motor in it. However, it's not nearly as substantial as most people think. There is no doubt that if you do the swap you will love it, the power, the low end torque, etc is especially ncie in such a light car. I know 5 or 6 people with h-EG's and they all love it more than any other hybrid EG they've driven or owned. With decent suspension the car will probably handle better than most people can drive it, unless you autocross every weekend. Overall, even with it on stock suspension for a while, the handling wont be awful by any means but it will be noticeable. Don't let anyone giving you BS about the weight difference between H and B, the only thing that should influence what you decide is what you're trying to gain out of the swap and REAL evidence from people in similiar situations that have first hand experience and understand all the pros and cons. Rant aside that sounds great. The more you research about it the better, if it's going for sure in an EG, to mount the motor you need to cut the passenger side mount bracket, and cut the round hole for the shifter into a square one, and either weld or bolt the prelude one in. No going back once you decide H, unless you're a bada$$ fabricator. Also, from friend and performance shop recommendations, I'd say go with Innovative Mounts, and if it's a sub-200hp setup, their axles too. The only place I can find their axles is Swapshopracing.com or something like that.

RESEARCH IS YOUR FRIIIEEEND!

placer thanks for your your time and effort to help me out ... its helpful. but i have been introduced to the b18c5 and i must say that it is a really great motor. im thinking about doing that.. but am still thinking about doing a h swap.. idk. i did happen to find a b18c5 for like 700 with trans and comp. but it need a rebuild so i happen to work at a parts store so parts are cheep but i really like the h as well .. maybe i will have to do both :p
anyways thanks for the comment

Back