1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 civic hatchcx d16z6 idling problem x2

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Ronny Cage, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Ronny Cage

Ronny Cage DaughterTestedMomApproved

My girly and I just swapped a d16z6 head onto her 1992 civic cx. vtec and the 02 sensor are all wired up.

upon startup her car revs up and down and has a horrible idle.

reason why im asking is my next door neighbor's crx has the same swap and his car is doing the same thing and they just say it cant be fixed.

we did clean out the iac anything else we should be looking to do to fix my girlys car?

2. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

ignition module? my idle was all over when mine was bad. is yours totally erratic as in, bouncing 500+rpms, or is it more like fluctuating between 100-200rpms at around 800-1000? you can manually adjust your idle, or you can check into the ig. module. that'd be what i'd try...g'luck.

3. 92civichbd15b

92civichbd15b New Member

same with me, I got a JDM D15B in my 92 VX and I can't solve the damn problem, even bought a IACV for it. Please someone find a fix! I'm tired of people looking over thinking I'm trying to rev and want to race them!!!!!!!

4. 91_civic_si

91_civic_si New Member

shouldnt this be in the EG section

5. 92civichbd15b

92civichbd15b New Member

Oh I'm sorry(sarcasticly)...............What was that???? You don't have an answer???? Who cares you douche.

6. 91_civic_si

91_civic_si New Member

That kind of attitude gets you nothing. I guess that is why you still have a problem with your car. Good luck

7. 92civichbd15b

92civichbd15b New Member

Haha, oh no it does, trust me. When dealing with this problem theres a whole bunch of things to deal with. Just google it and you will see it is a haunting. Just weird that you would put something like that off topic(though true it should be in the eg category) but still....................it is a thread.

8. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

9. hondaman321

hondaman321 hondaman

try disconnecting your idle air and adjusting your idle adjustment screw on ur throttle body to about 350-450 rpms. then re-plug ur idle air and take out the fuse for the ecu for ten seconds and then put it back in start the car up. then adjust the screw while the car is running to about 750 rpms. this should fix the problem

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted