92 Civic HB - D15B or B20A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Filer0128

92 Civic HB - D15B or B16A

Yeah i know that D15B or B16A is a stupid question but here is my dilemma. I REALLY need to get a new engine for my car! I was at first looking to get this D15B with the tranny and ECU: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30021

but after some though i would really like to save my money to get this B16A Complete Change over:
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30005

The D15B was a quick reliable fix to my bad engine problem and i can afford it in about another month at only around $1100 with shipping included. However i would rather get a B16A complete change over for my car but i would probly have to wait until around June to get it and put it in because i am still in High School and i can really only work on days that i have off of school and it will take a while to get $2500 with shipping included.

Anyways all i really wanted to know is if it is really worth it to wait 6 months for the B16A and put up with my engine (i think its like a D15B8 or something cuz its like a complete TURD!) or just go with the JDM D15B now?

Also, if i buy the B16A from the link above will there be anything else that i will need to get the engine up and running in my car or is it really a COMPLETE CHANGE OVER with everything included?

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
Im not sure what your goals are with this car. At any rate, the b16 is obviously a more powerful engine, but if you're just looking to make a solid DD then you might as well just get the D15, save yourself some coin.

Ya man. Depends how much you want to spend. B16 is more than the D15b. It's all up to you.

www.torontojdm.com They hook me up all the time, especially with shipping. I would just get a b18b swap for the price. You can always feed your hunger for more power later on with a decent turbo setup.

hey guys... and thanks for the replys! I would obviously rather get a B series engine but seeing as i am still in HS i think that i may just go with the D15B since the car is a DD. Also i know like 4 guys with B series and they all blew them up and if i spent everything that i had on an engine then it blew up i would be SOL!

hey guys... and thanks for the replys! I would obviously rather get a B series engine but seeing as i am still in HS i think that i may just go with the D15B since the car is a DD. Also i know like 4 guys with B series and they all blew them up and if i spent everything that i had on an engine then it blew up i would be SOL!

It's true that the D15B would be a quick fix but IMO, I would be patient and get a B series. It will do a lot more in the end and you won't have to throw money away replacing the engine that you got a few months ago.]

This is what I did personally...I went from a D15B7 to a D16Z6 for the time being, just to have something fun to play around with. The engine and swap cost me a total of $500. Now I'm saving up and almost to the point where I will end up with my dream B series engine.

Whichever way you end up going/whatever you end up deciding I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are happy with your choice. Take care and let us know what you decide to go with. I'm actually very curious to know the outcome myself. :D

Do you plan on having this car as a daily driver forever? If not, then just go with the B18B, LS integra engine. It's cheap, and has so much more potential than the D15B. To me, that motor would be just a waste of money in the long run. Well, maybe you could sell it to someone...

Do you plan on having this car as a daily driver forever? If not, then just go with the B18B, LS integra engine. It's cheap, and has so much more potential than the D15B. To me, that motor would be just a waste of money in the long run. Well, maybe you could sell it to someone...

I agree with Scott. It could end up being a waste of money, especially if you start modifying it...and who in their right mind doesn't want to do that a.s.a.p., you know? You could turbo an LS much easier, LS/VTEC...etc. etc. Decisions, decisions, decisions. You gotta love'em!:D

I agree with Scott. It could end up being a waste of money, especially if you start modifying it...and who in their right mind doesn't want to do that a.s.a.p., you know? You could turbo an LS much easier, LS/VTEC...etc. etc. Decisions, decisions, decisions. You gotta love'em!:D

Yeah, a friend of mine just picked a B18B complete swap for $800 bucks at the junk yard. He has a GSR head already, and spent like $150 bucks on all the stuff he needs for the LS/Vtec swap. ie. headgasket, dowel pins, stainless oil line, oil filter adapter, etc. from Golden Eagle.

Yeah, a friend of mine just picked a B18B complete swap for $800 bucks at the junk yard. He has a GSR head already, and spent like $150 bucks on all the stuff he needs for the LS/Vtec swap. ie. headgasket, dowel pins, stainless oil line, oil filter adapter, etc. from Golden Eagle.

I'm contemplating whether or not to do that too. I have the chance to get a full B18B swap for $400 and swap out my Z6. Then who knows, LS/VTEC or just play with that for a while until I can get the engine I really want...i.e. B18C or C5. Eh, who knows. I'm still reading to figure out how much it would cost to do an LS/VTEC swap as it's something I don't know much about. We'll see what happens. For the mean time, I wonder if it's going to be worth investing $400 on another engine or if I should just save that money and get what I truly want.

Back