92 Civic Hb Feeler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jaylo

I got a 92 civic hb dx automatic and am wondering what people think I could get out of it? It has a d15b7 that runs great but just broke a chunk off the crankshaft where the pully connects so pully will not stay on. I am trying to decide if I should sell the whole car so I can get a manual or just put a new engine in it and deal with the automatic. I don't know how to fix the crankshaft so that is my easy fix. I am located in Fort knox, KY

some of the stuff I have done to it.

coilovers
complete type-r lip kit
blue suede door inserts and headliner
intake
new head gasket
new spark plugs
new plug wires
new fuel pressure regulator
new back hatch panel with 2 8 inch Kicker RMB 8 speakers
new rear floor carpeted
new front brake calipers and brakes

Would like to get at least 1500 do you think this is too much?

Attachments

• drivers side.JPG
    drivers side.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 251
  • front passenger.JPG
    front passenger.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 201
  • front drivers.JPG
    front drivers.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 238
  • passsenger.JPG
    passsenger.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 220
  • driver door.jpg
    driver door.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 397
  • rear passenger.JPG
    rear passenger.JPG
    684.8 KB · Views: 417
  • rear driver.JPG
    rear driver.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:
I would buy a swap for it and convert it to a 5 speed. Those hatches are among the lightest and the best looking hatch as far as im concerned. Its not to bad to swap in a 5 speed platform. Get something that is obd1 that will make it somewhat easier for you.

I think I am just gonna sell the car I got somebody interested in it so we'll see what happens

Did the bolt break off the end of the crank? Any rust?

no it didn't break off, the little part next to where the key goes has a chunk taken out so the key will not stay in and hold the pulley and therefore it keeps working the bolt loose. The only rust on the car is what I assume is the normal rust civics get which is right behind the back fender well. besides that there is none.

I thought you were going to weld it and call it a day??

Or is this another civic with the exact same problem?

no I think I am gonna sell it and buy me a manual or maybe even go with a mini truck so I can haul my bike.

I won't go no less than 1500 because of the money I put into it and if you know anything about engines it's not a hard fix but I don't know much about engines. I also know what my car is worth because of the make and model. so sorry that is my lowest. I have had 3 people now who are wanting the car and said they would give me that but it's still available because nobody has given me a definite that they want it. Money talks

i dropped the price to 1300 if anybody is interested.

Back