92 civic HB w/power windows

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Adrian

My GF's 92 Si HB's windows are busted. Can't rol it up or down.Since I'm gonna fix it ,was thinking if I could convert it to power window instead. Would windows/panels from the 92+ civic EX coupe fit? Let me know, thanks.

I have a 93 Hatch and I've heard of this also and am interested in doing it too. I was thinking of replacing the entire door though but if anyone has an easier way of converting this to power windows using parts out of an ex pleaaaaaz let me know cuz i hate the workout windows!!! <_<

I have a 93 Si coupe and i used the power window motors and linkage from a 91 teg ls. You have to mix and match some parts and do some cutting and welding on the new linkage but it works just fine and bolts right in after your done butchering. Before ppl ask why i went through the trouble, its because the parts were free :D .

You need to switch the left and right motors from thier linkage assemblys and turn them upside down. Then Switch the top and bottom roller tracks for the civic civic ones. Then you have to drill out the welds on the rack gear. Make sure you clamp the rack to the motor piece so it will maintain the same arc. Move the rack gear up three teeth and then weld it back. This way, the window wont fall off the rack gear when it goes down, then it wont come back up :eek: . Then bolt in. If you want to try it e-mail me and ill give you a better description of the process.

Good luck

the ex coupe doors are a direct bolt on for the hatch. you just need to wire the windows into the fuse box and there you go.

Back