92 civic just swap motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roar8592

I have a 92 civic Dx and am looking for an engine now either the b18a and rebuild with new internals or the b18c1/5. Will the engine bolt right up to my current tranny or do I need the integra tranny also? Plus lots of articles say you can use the motor mounts from the integra 94+ and not buy new from hasport? Also if anyone nows of an article on what cars and years have what engines that would be peachy. I now the h22a is in a 92-97 prelude and 94-? integras have the b18a with obd1 I need and the b18c1/5 are gsr and civic type r models but what is the b16 in? would be big help in making my really fast looking car actually go fast, thx Roar.

i would use the b18c1 from an integra complete with the t and tranny ecu .....90 -93 integra have b18a engine and thier obd0(90-91integra)obd1(92-93integra).....if you do get a gsr from a 94+ inegra get it with motor mounts .......hasport mounts are solid inserts with alumminum case........
90-93 inetegras b18a
94+ integrs b18b except grs with b18c1
96+ type r integra b18c5
just put it this way civics with vtec have b16
integras have b18
hope this is some help
well is theres is something wrong or i left anything just correct me or add on......................

you can use your stock motor mounts for b series swap, get an obd1 swap and you'll need the tranny no d tranny will bolt up to a b motor, you can get an ls swap cheap (b18b1) and have a fun car, I have a b18c1 which is way more fun but it isn't "fast" but with the right parts i.e. cams, pistons, etc you can have a pretty quick car IMO.

thx for the info it helps and is starting to sink into my thick caveman like skull. I guess I'll just start looking around for what I can find in an engine 94+ teg or the 92+ prelude but I found a 92 prelude H22a eginine at wreckers but the guy says its not vtec so I'm still confused about h22a h23a differences and what preludes came with what?

IF it says h22 it IS VTEC, if it says h23 it isn't.
There's also an F22 which is a single cam that came in those preludes (92-96).
I would go with a b16 or a GSR, those will be easier to put in, and less headaches along the way.
If you plan on finding these locally and not JDM/imported...
B18A1 = 90-93 Acura integra, there is no point in getting this swap unless it's free.
You will need to get a hydrolic transmission, or the conversion kit from hasport for Cable-To-Hydro, and if the engine is from a 90 or 91 you will need to do plenty of accessory swapping and wiring to match the obds.
B18B1 = 94-01 Acura Integra (LS), these are a pretty good alternative if your budget is low, everything will bolt in, you won't need to do much (if any) wiring for this to go into your 92 Dx if you use the B18B1 engine harness and ecu.
B18C1 = 94-01 Acura Integra GSR, Same story here, but you will need to wire in a few things (IABS,VTEC,VTEC Pressure, possibly Knock Sensor and Crank Positioning Sensor depending on which ecu you run.
B18C5 = 97-01 Acura Integra Type R. If this is within your budget, you should already know what is required to put it in.
B16A3 = 93-97 Del Sol DOHC VTEC. This swap is also a bolt in affair assuming you have everything included with the swap. (96-97 May require the use of a 96-98 GSR engine Harness, or cut+pasted wiring harness)
B16A2 = 99-00 Civic Si. This swap is pretty simple also, but you will need some mount brackets from a 94+ GSR and the harness from a 96-98 GSR.

For all of these swaps use the:
B series axles (94-01 Integra axles will work, if not included with the swap)
B series ShiftLinkage (NOT the del sol's)

Back