92 Civic Si Hatchback 72,500 miles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffdemeritt

SOLD - My son, 40, bought this Si new - I have all the docs. Black on black, manual 5-spd, actual mileage. Everything original except exhaust, new Falken tires, new brakes and rotors. Solid, drives SMOOTH. Will use as daily commuter or sell for top dollar. One rub on front bumper. Moon roof, sun roof, whatever it is, works great, too. A/C cold. Crank windows, manual locks, cruise, tilt, 16D engine (so I'm told). No rust, dents, dings, or damage. Perfect modification candidate. Don't need to sell now, just making it available. Will sell by November, 2008. Turned down $3,500 first day I had it. Son was in bad skiing accident, no longer clutch compatible. Asked me to drive it or sell it .
Keep it simple, straight, and honest. I will. I'm too old to play games! Vehicle located near Columbia, SC. Sold 6/9/08 for $5,000

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Uh, what's a "mod?"

How do I ask him to move it? Where should the post really be? Help?
I will take some photos this week - just picked it up Saturday. Getting the timing belt changed Thursday at Midlands Honda. Drives so nice I may want to keep it - 'specially with gas prices so high. Anybody know what gas mileage I can expect? My other car is a Prius, purchased solely for gas mileage. But highway mileage is only 42. But that's another story!

Dear Mod, Please move my thread to the vehicles for sale area.
(Or is there some other way I'm supposed to contact the Mod Man? ) :confused:

Thank you, O great Mod!

Now, so I can better speak your language, how do I discern the engine type, the model (EK, EG, whatever), and what specifics are desirable by you wizards of wheels? Did I just waste $1,000 by putting new brakes and wheels on a 15-year old car that someone will replace anyway as soon as they get their hands on it? Am I wasting another $600 by having Honda replace the timing belt in an engine that someone will likely be tearing apart and rebuilding (what a waste... it's SO smooth!) or replacing with something bigger and badder? Does the LOW mileage have much value if it's all gonna' be rebuilt anyway?

Thanks for any and all input... from anybody and everybody. :)

Sounds like a nice car. I wouldnt put much more work into cause you are right, someone will most likely pull out the motor anyways. When will you have pictures up? If you need help, photobucket.com is a very easy way to post pics for free.
I have been looking for this type of car myself
Good luck with the sale
(GLWS)

Gas mileage?

Anybody know what kind of fuel economy one should expect from an Si with 5-spd? Does $4,000 sound like a fair price?

Regarding pics...

Picked up car past weekend, rainy since. Will attempt this weekend, but looks like any black 92 Si HB with no damage, no rust, metallic black paint job.

4,000 is alittle to much for a stock hb but thats just me. Post the pics up :)

i'd say 3500-4000 is a good price. the low mileage is a huge help.

oh, and FYI the motor is a d16z6 :)

$4,000 is definitely fair. if you were up in the northwest, i would consider it.

don't put another penny into it. don't budge on the price. just take some good pics, post the vin and hold out.

Almost!

I dropped it off at the locksmith this morning to "key" and install a new lock cylinder for the driver's door. That finishes MY work on it. I think I mentioned that the window tint was peeling and fading - really looked bad - so I didn't want to present it until that was removed. Did that this past weekend. So, I'm ready to snap some photos. Will do Saturday or Sunday, then will try to get them posted Monday. Thanks for asking.

Pics - At Last!

Sure could use some coaching, however. I have the photos on the SD card from my camera, and a USB connector for my PC. But I have no idea how to get the pics into the forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KBB.com private party value for excellent condition is $3500. I'm a skinflint and don't pay above KBB price. But I'm sure someone will buy it for $4k.
i agree. but i think someone will pay $4k for it. my assistant just bought a vx with 105k on it for $4,000. she got hosed though. an si should sell pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back