92 Civic Starter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turfman

If I were to jack the car up where is the starter located and how easy is it to get at? I need to attach a jumper cable to the hot post. Thanks.

you're not going to get to it then. It has to be reemoved from above.

Yea, unless you are a contortionist, getting at it from the bottomis going to be tough. It can propably be done, but you'll be working blind.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 30 2005, 02:56 AM
Yea, unless you are a contortionist, getting at it from the bottomis going to be tough. It can propably be done, but you'll be working blind.
[post=493308]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
Whats wrong with the starter?

anyways.....----> how do you check/change your fluids? :hmm:

The problem with the hood release just appeared in the last week; the same time the battery died. I can't think of another way to jump/charge the battery other than hooking onto the starter or solenoid. The only other thing I can think of is to cut into the wire sheath on the hot wire coming from the battery to the solenoid and then clamp the jumper cable directly to that. It's an interesting and frustrating situation and right now it looks like it's past the point where I can do anything. It may be time for professional help.

Originally posted by turfman@Apr 30 2005, 06:10 PM
The problem with the hood release just appeared in the last week; the same time the battery died. I can't think of another way to jump/charge the battery other than hooking onto the starter or solenoid. The only other thing I can think of is to cut into the wire sheath on the hot wire coming from the battery to the solenoid and then clamp the jumper cable directly to that. It's an interesting and frustrating situation and right now it looks like it's past the point where I can do anything. It may be time for professional help.
[post=493435]Quoted post[/post]​

Instead of going thru all that trouble, you should just try to open the hood instead...Just get under the car and try to get the shizzz' open... ;)

Back