92 cx b16a2 swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killjoy81420

i have a 92 cx hatch and im putting in a b16 from a 00 si. im getting mounts, linkage, wiring and axles from hasport.i also have a 95 gsr obd1 ecu that ill be using. i need to know if it would be easier to switch out the b16 injectors and sensors to work with the cx wiring harness so all ill have to do is wire in the vtec or have hasport make a completely new harness for this application. also i want to use the si wheels do i have to change the rotors and if so which ones would work i need to put disc brakes all around. please help

first off you shouldn't have gotten mounts or things from hasport unless your swap didn't come with any, because the 00 civic si mounts would have mounted right up into yor car.
You can use a stock 99-00 civic si engine harness and the plugs will fit your chassis, all you would have to run is vtec and knock sensor. Or like you said just swap out the injectors from your cx engine (same flow rate etc. diff connector) and then use your cx harness and still add the wires.

welfare is correct. You should not have ordered anything from hasports if the si motor came with mounts. In fact, you could use your cx wiring harness and just run the missing wires such as vtec, o2 sensor, knock sensor and etc.. you will have to find the pinouts for the 99-00 si ecu you are using. you will receive a check engine light if you use your cx wiring harness because it is equipt with a 1-wire o2 sensor and you need to convert it to a 4-wire(which is not hard at all). I have the wiring for that if you decide to use your cx wiring harness and plan on just adding the missing wires. I have a 93 honda civic cx hatchback myself with a b18c1 swap so i know a few of the wiring problems you might run into. Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Back