92 cx top speed??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frawl420

just wondering if anyone knows what the top speed is for a civic cx??
before doing damage that is...
thanks

nah j/k- they're geared pretty tall so top speed isn't bad, it's just getting up there takes just short of 2 weeks...
I had my gf's cx (pre-swap) up to about 115mph on the way up to Maine once
:shrug2:

well, im stuck in between a swap and a mini me, but for now its a cx
after i run about 85-90, when i shut off the car i smell a hint of oil...
that is why i wonder

just put the d16z6 in it if you dont want to spend alot of money that is a really light car and im sure you will be happy with the motor

its electronically limited to about 118.

when bill ahd the zex kit on his, we hit about 115 before we shut it off... (30 secs of constant 65 shot on a cx motor = bad)

Im trying to buy a CX, with a B16A2 in it...but for that little amout of HP, it seems like those top ends should be lower.....what is the curb weight on one of those anyway?

Originally posted by HondaCivicSiR93@May 24 2004, 08:06 PM
Im trying to buy a CX, with a B16A2 in it...but for that little amout of HP, it seems like those top ends should be lower.....what is the curb weight on one of those anyway?

weight on a cx is low... that's why they're so popular to do swaps in. I think my gf's '93 stock was like 1900lbs or something. Honestly, my gf's car wasn't horribly slow with the stock driveline configuration so a B16 will probably move pretty good.
We put a '00 B20Z in her car a few months ago- not as much hp as a B16 but more tq... that thing f#kin MOVES...(!!)

my advice would be to go chk the thing out 1st- drive it for yourself, see how it feels. I'll bet you'll be impressed for what it is...

well good luck and let us know how you make out B)

Ya, the weight on the title of my old `92 I think was about 2030, actually only a few pounds away from my crx dx which I like much better :D

Back