92 DOHC ZC SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtechkidd

ok so i just found out i have a 92 dohc zc in my 88 crx si. i beleive the 92 zc is OBD1 and the 88 rex is OBD0! this is prob whuy i have been having all these probelms with getting the timing right and dizzy acting up. I need to know what it takes to put a 92 DOHC zc motor into a 88 crx si. what injecotrs, ecu, etc i will need to use. i have a 89 integra dizzy on it right now. the way im understanding it is that most 99% of people that do ZC swaps do the 88-91 dohc zc motors which are obd0. i appaerently picked out a 92 zc motor which was made into the JDM integras. any help or anyone ever heard of this?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 30 2003, 10:25 PM
the 89 dissy is obd0

true, but it doesn't have a built in cylinder position sensor and the OBD1 ZC doesn't have a CPS on the exhaust camshaft

so what distributor cn i use? i know i cant use the 89integra

How did you get the 92 Dohc Zc to bolt up on the driver's side I'm having troble with the mount. On the Zc it's near the radeator and on my 89 Hb Si it's at the side what mount do I use.Thanx

Back