92 dx swap ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxricer88

i know t here is probably a forum for this but, i am probably getting a dx today with a ls motor...problem is, i haven't done a swap before is it hard? what parts will i need?

We need to know what parts are coming with the car and the motor. Then we can better advise you. But if you are not mechanically inclined i would suggest having someone do it for you or get the help of a friend who knows how to swap an engine...

the ls is from a teg parts car, the motor was rebuilt and has around 20k...the owner told me that the teg was a 89-91 model not quite sure, and yea a friend of mine we were going to do the swap...i am getting everything from the teg, all parts, the whole car. i've seen a friend take out his h22 and it didnt' seem hard at all just basically unhooked everything from the car and pulled it out...is that right? i know you have to hook things back up correctly and stuff but basically isn't that what you do though?

also another question, the dx has no tachometer, would it be possible to get a 3-d halo gauge on ebay and switch it out? what kinds of wiring would i need to do? if not the halo gauge, just a tachometer gauge...what would i need to wire up...pics would help out a lot

You can get a Ex or Si civic gauge cluster on ebay from a 92-95 civic and it will work. Just plugs in. As far as the swap, i would stay away from than engine. If im not mistaken, the D16 came in that gen integra and its not really worth the swap considering you have to either upgrade the electronics on the engine to OBD 1 or convert it back to OBD 0. Not to mention, the power of that motor is nothing to rave about.

i have lots of miles on my engine right now, and need a different engine, any ideas?...not much to spend around 400 shipping included....

Back