92 econo hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
please correct me if im wrong??? i just purchesed a 92 hatch w/ a d15 non vtec 8 valve pos . the car is nice but the engine sucks ive scince got 3 d16z6 engines the first had a spun rod bearing but already had the oil lines for a turbo:) wich i picked up for 20 bucks from a friend??? then some other idiot sold me one for 100 w/ wiring harness but both were missing dizzy and 4 wire o2 an still no ecu so i was lookin on ebay an they totaled around 400. the 3rd i got for 300 compleat w P28 ecu and si trany that was wrecked crack up case but inerds are supposed to be good:confused:. now for the ?s scince my car is a 92, vtec is already in the floor harness? an whats this i hear about a knock sensor ive looked and looked in a civic bible an still have read anything about it ? even tho its a stock engine i was thinking about getting a tuned ecu to do away with that elusive knock sensor is this a good idia or should i wait till i start building. cx trans or have the beat up possably abused si trany put in a new case? ive aquired an msd ignition, header,cold air intake an a few other small things along the way an still ive only spent at most 2700 car included. this will still be a daily driver but i hope to get the worst of the three heads built this summer an throw a small turbo on it. somthing that i wont have to spend 750 for rods an pistons, but for now the vtec will hafta do. thanks for any imput

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back