'92 EG Front Seat Belts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
Sorry if this has been talked about but I didn't find anything.

My front seat belts need to be guided and push a little to want to retract when unbuckling.

One thing I found, that might work, is simple green on the unit and belt but they don't 'seem' dirty

And I found a forum on Tundras and they use an aerosol wax based spray...dry and it is supposed to help the retraction of the seat belt.

Not sure if the aerosol wax is okay on a Honda

Any ideas??

clean them it is the first step of the honda warranty procedure. or you can take it to honda and they will fix it free hondas have a lifetime warranty on seat belts.

They work.....but they irritate me when I have to mess with them just so I don't shut the door on the belt.

Thanks for the advise....I heard about taking it to Honda too but wasn't sure if they'd give me crap b/c its old.

They can't. It's a safety feature. The last thing they want to happen is for you to get hurt because some of the safety items in the car didn't work. It doesn't matter how old it is.

They can't. It's a safety feature. The last thing they want to happen is for you to get hurt because some of the safety items in the car didn't work. It doesn't matter how old it is.

Will they actually replace them even if they are functional though? Because mine do the same thing, they don't like to retract so they get stuck half way.

yes they willl replace them if they wont retract because that makes them un safe when the strap is close to your body most likely they will just clean them and they work like new again

Works for me...they still work (they lock up when needed) but I am SICK of the retraction Bologna.

Actually I am almost used to it and don't even notice how I feed it back as I get out of the car lol

Back