92 gsr cable tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

sup guys i need some help i got a 92 gsr tranny on a 95 gsr in a 91 crx si....when im shiftin into 5th gear it goes in fine then i grinds a lil bit then pops out into nutral...and the shift linkage work good in my ls swap be4 too soo i dunno whats going on....is the tranny fucked orr..the linkage..let me kno guys..

Shift forks

Popping out usually means the shift forks, when you put it in gear its not all the way in and when you put a load on the gear it pops out. The syro's would grind when trying to put it into gear if that was the problem. Rebuilding a honda tranny is not very hard, the only problem is getting the damn thing out to do it...

Back load

If it comes out when you let off the gas its due to back loading, which means the gears are not fully meshed, which as I was guessing bent or worn shift forks not allowing full engagement. But until its apart you can't say for sure...

thanx bro i mean when i had my ls in my car it would sometimes mess up going in 5th but this shit is everytime. i just hate it cuz these trannys are so hard to come by.

Back