92 hatch d15b7 with p08 mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92MiniMeHatch

hi im looking for any information on my d15b7 with p08 vtech head. im gettin ready to put the engine back together and i no that i have to take remove the oil plug between cylinders 2 n 3. im not sure what head gasket to get as well as the timing belt. i've been ready through different post about this swap but nothin to assuring.i want somebody that has done this first hand n is willing to spend a lil time telling me what i no to do to make this happen. n i also have a new computer and engine harness to wire vtech. any information will help.

Its VTEC, not vtech like the company that makes phones and kids toy's. People spell it wrong all the time. Just giving you a heads up!

Did one on my buddy's D15 and we used a Y8 head gasket and Z6 timing belt. Another thing to remember is when you got the head to swap over make sure to replace the spark plug wires and distributor if you didn't get them with the head you have. The D15 wires and distributor will not work with a D16 head. I have been hording parts for this as well the last one I did worked quite well if your using it for a little bit more peppy of a DD you will be quite pleased. Also not trying to be rude at all but a quick read through a post before actually posting it, and correcting minor spelling and grammar mistakes is a good thing to do. I have noticed more people are willing to help someone that doesn't sound like they barley passed JR. high (know from experience on other boards) Hope I could help and that the swap works out well for you.

you dnt have to get a whole new harness all u have to do is straight wire ur vtec to the comp it wrks just the same just without changin all the extra crap

^^^^^ all good if you have the plugs with pigtails for the VTEC solenoid and Oil Pressure.....otherwise.....a new harness will solve the issue too. And connecting them to the ECU needs the correct pins.

i'm trying to get some help, i have a 92 civic hatchback that i bought and it already had a d15b, the transmission and engine came out of a different vehicle i'm assuming because my speedometer is way off. i just want to get as much info as i can so i can get the proper tires and parts for my motor and tranny.

Back