92 hatch swap b18b tranny help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanguyton

i did alot of research and read that the ls trannys suck i want to get a gsr tranny now my question is that alot of people is doing the gsr tranny with the 5th ls gear in it what does that does exatcly? i now save gas but would it ride funny? and the another ? is that when i swap out the trans would i have to shift at a diff rpms with the gsr tranny? thanks..:confused:

Ls tranny and GSR tranny are geard differently my fav trannys of choice are b16,CTR, and ITR now to answer your question about the 5th gear there doing that because the LS 5th gear is longer then the GSR 5th gear. your shifting patterns wont change much from a gsr to a ls the ls final drive (5th gear) is longer and better for gas milage

I do not think you need a LS 5th in a GSR. The GSR 5th isn't that bad. It will rev higher than the LS 5th but nothing owrth the work and time to switch it out in my opinion.

Now a B16 transmission.....yes 5th gear sucks. 4Krpm's at 70mph in 5th,

ok what about grinds with the swaped 5th gear and how hard would it be to do it myslef??

Back