92 hb swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

94 ls axles and intermediate shaft will not fit in my 92 hb with 1st gen b16..they r too long. i thought they were supposed to fit..y aren't they?!?!?!??!?

You need to use the axles from any Si civic. As far as I know just use 92-2000 Si Axles and it should work. Also The 90-93 integra ls axles work(I think). That's my input.

Originally posted by 93cxhatch@Oct 7 2003, 09:31 AM
You need to use the axles from any Si civic. As far as I know just use 92-2000 Si Axles and it should work. Also The 90-93 integra ls axles work(I think). That's my input.

Well, um, no. The 92-95 Si's had D series motors, which do NOT use a halfshaft, and the 99-00 Si had the B series, which does. He needs to use a B series axle.

H22bubbleback, have you considered the possibility that you are trying to cram a D series axle in there?

Originally posted by 93cxhatch@Oct 7 2003, 12:31 AM

dude, don't give advise if you don't know WTF you're talking about. and trust me it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

i'm with 92B16VX, get some axles from a 99-00 Si, you're guaranteed a perfect fit. The axles off of a 94-97 Del Sol Vtec will work also. Basically any B-series axles will work.

Are you using a hydrualic tranny? If so 94+ teg axle fits Period. Exactly what I am using.

um yea, if he said it was a 1st gen b16 and hes usin the tranny from that it's cable, so 90-93 integra axle should fit.

Try to trade that tranny for hydraulic, since your car was originally hydrualic it'll just be easier, plus that way I know 94+ integra axles fit.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 9 2003, 03:27 PM
um yea, if he said it was a 1st gen b16 and hes usin the tranny from that it's cable, so 90-93 integra axle should fit.

Try to trade that tranny for hydraulic, since your car was originally hydrualic it'll just be easier, plus that way I know 94+ integra axles fit.

yea but he wouldn't be stupid enough to convert his 92 civic to a cable actuated clutch, he would simply swap out the tranny for a hydraulic one and plus he just told us that the tranny is hydro.

Back