92 Honda Accord Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jibrilsauto

Hey, whats the easiest (least amount of modification) to do for a 92 Honda accord 5 speed? with which motor can i keep the tranny with. I did try searching but could not find anything thanks in advance.

well the easiest would be the h23 non vtec. but i would just do the h22a and run a few extra wires no biggie

h22a.....but if you want to be a little differant i would go with the h23/w/vtec....... got on onsale at a local shop for i think 800 bucks......good power too

use an f22b1 block and h22a1 head this is what you need to do it you need the h22a1 water pump and timing belt and header the rest is very is basic get a head gasket for both heads to use to line up the head and the block there will be ports in the head that do not line up but it's ok just plug them carefully!!! and you will have one nasty accord and if you have any more ?'s just ask

he said easy ppl, and keep in mind anytime you frankinstine anything the reliability goes down

Ok thanks for everyones reply, I think im going to stick with a H22a Swap.Now a few question, i know i can keep the stock tranny from the accord. Is there a significant difference if i keep it or go with the entire setup thats in the link below? Also I know the motor lines right up the mounts. what other modification do i need to make?
JDM Engine Depot

no not really, all you really need is the motor and new ecu the rest your car already has for the swap other than a few extra wires for vtec but no biggie. and the best bang for the buck will be the h22a

But my question is should is it better to keep my stock tranny or go with a h22a tranny whats the difference between the two?

oic, the accord trans will work but it has longer gears in it, if you got the money just get the h22a trans also for the shorter gears it will work better with the motor

not that i know of you just use the mounts you have without modding, but even in the slight chance you do, it will be easy and very worth it. will get you through it just check back in when your doing it

Ok so just picked up the h22 engine and tranny today...trying to decide whether to let a mechanic do it for $500 or do it myself. Not too worried about removing the engine and tranny and dropping the h22 in but the whole wire harness and running vtec wires is whats intimidating.

so your perty much paying him to wire it up for 500, ha if thats the route you want to take call rywire up and they can sale you a plug and play harness way less than that, then just plug it all up

yeah somewhere on this site got to dig lol, but you just use your stock accord harness and add like 2 extra wires, ill see if i cant find it

Use the accord wiring harness and lengthen/modify the harness to fit the H22.

ECU Wiring For Obd1 ecu's
vtec soleniod: Pin A4
vtec pressure switch: Pin D6
knock sensor: Pin D3
Secondary Intake Soleniod: Pin A17

also if i remember correct take the oil pressure sensor from the f22 and put it on the h22,so it will plug up

ok thanks alot ill start the swap tomorrow morning if i need help ill ask.

Alright pulled the motor today, everything went real smooth. Now Im trying to figure out what i will need to transfer over to the h22 from the f22. I left the ac compressor intact didn't release any freon, but it looks like the brackets are the same. Also on the back of the h22 there is a sensor which i think is the oil pressure sensor but looks way different on the f22? Can someone please let me know what else ill have to transfer over before I drop the motor in? Thanks

Back