92 Honda Accord Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I meant it looks like the brackets are not the same. Also what alternator and what power steering should I use? will I need to get prelude belts or can I keep the same ones?

I meant it looks like the brackets are not the same. Also what alternator and what power steering should I use? will I need to get prelude belts or can I keep the same ones?
When I did my swap, I used the PS pump from the H22, and the alternator as well. I had to have a custom line made for the PS; I took both lines to a place in houston, and I think they did it for 35 or 40 bucks. it's been a while, so I don't remember for sure. For the AC, I used the accord compressor, the accord bracket, and a 5-rib pulley from a 98 accord.

As far as the mounts go, on the passenger side transmission mount, I had to drill and tap two holes on the H22 transmission. The holes were already cast into the transmission case, but they were not drilled and tapped. I used all the accord mounts.

For wiring, I have an EX, so I did not have to wire the IAB. My computer for the H22 had the cut harness still plugged in, so I carefully removed the wires for the VTEC solenoid, VTEC oil pressure switch, and knock sensor. Then I took those wires and put them into the factory connector that connects to the ECU. Then I lengthened those wires and ran them into the engine compartment and put some plugs on the ends. Also, if you want to run an internal coil, you have to make a jumper connection from one wire to another.

You should also swap over the water neck from the accord engine to save wiring there. you have to lengthen two or three connectors too.

here -> https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca-cd/4th-gen-accord-h22a-install-59967/

and, post #3 -> https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/

and, finally -> https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

Last edited:
Thanks for the links that black box thats on the back of the h22 and not on the f22 can someone tell me what to do with that. Mine is 93 ex coupe not 92.

That black box
h22a-1.jpg

Air Conditioning
To keep ac take the bracket off the F22 and put it on the H22 and use the accord compressor

Power Steering
Use the prelude pump and bracket

I used the H22 distributor. I used a jumper connection to go from the big yellow wire (I think...) to a blue wire (maybe....). Did you read that 4th gen swap guide I posted?

I believe the black box is for the IAB stuff, and since you have an EX, you shouldn't have to wire anything for the IAB. EX accords for 92 and 93 had the intake manifolds with the butterflies.

I'm about 90% sure that the black box somehow "meters" vacuum so the secondaries only open when the computer tells the switch to let the vacuum through.

Last edited:
if i remember correct your gona need a h22a header, the f22 wont line up

Here are the few last issues and I should be on the road tomorrow, My h22 came with headers and a down pipe, the down pipe was cut. The f22 pipe that meets the down pipe wont line up. What are my options with that? Also I used h22 alternator but dont know what belt to put on. For the time being I have the power steering pump not mounted until I get the hoes in. Went to advance auto told em I wanted a 96 prelude alternator belt the one they gave me seems to be too big.

Last edited:
well tell them you want a 95 prelude vtec belt, make sure they know its the h22 motor because they came 3 different ways, if that dont work just take a string and see what length you need lol, and i would just buy a cheap heard for it and then go to the exhaust shop and have them make it all line up

Got everything running thanks for all your help. Just gonna take it to Meineke and see if we can do something for the time being, to make the header lines up from h22 to f22 downpipe.

After finishing the swap I started the car up it jerking a little I figured thats because i still has the f22 ecu on it. Got home and switched the ecu and its running even worse. The computer says f90 on it not sure if its the right computer has written in marker h22a. Also on top of the throttle body there is a sensor which I dont have a plug for since im using f22 harness and the f22 didnt have this sensor on top of the throttle body.

Also while driving is stalls? I tried switching between the two computers and its pretty much the same thing, I have a feeling that its got something to do with that plug on top of the throttle body. I have the throttle position sensor plugged in.

Last edited:
The car runs but sputters while driving and feels like theres no power. It idles kinda rough, The ecu that came with the swap is F90 which is (OBD1 S40 JDM P0F-902 Accord 95 CB5 H22a Hitachi) I dont have a P13 to test it with do you guys think that ecu is the problem? It throws a code with the F90 but just 21 which is V-TEC control solenoid which i dont currently have hooked up.

Back