92 honda civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blockw6chips

My daughter just bought a 92 honda civic. The engine is a D15B7. Is this the correct engine for that car? The guy she bought it from said the engine was changed. The problem she has is the harmonic balancer/crank pulley fell off while driving down the road. I found the pulley but it has a splined center but the crank shaft is smooth & it doesn't fit tight. Is supposed to fit tight and is it a two belt or three belt pulley? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from a newbie

b7 is the right motor. the crank pully should have a key that slides in before the nut goes on. dont use the same pully...i think that goes with out saying.

let me get this straight.....you found a splined pulley and not the smooth center pulley with the key-pin cut-out in it? sounds like you found the wrong pulley haha

actually factory pulleys do have mild splines in them. i noticed this when getting a new pulley for my b18.

it should be a 3 row pulley. one for the alt, one for the power steering(if applicable), and one for AC.

damn i guess i never noticed that. dealers pay us by flag hours so we just work really fast. i'll check out a pulley next time i have one off. i was just wondering what the chances would be of finding a different pulley on a road where you lost yours. either millions to one or there is a mechanic up the road who doesnt tighten crank pullies

I had to buy a new bolt from Honda, the pulley was correct, I made my own key for the pulley, (the one from Honda was to small), I just torqued it like the directions call for. If it falls off now then I guess I didnt need it anyway. Just kidding.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Back