92 Integ Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kallmijonx2

I have a 92 Integ GS and i was just wondering what would be some badass mods to it. It has a b18b1 engine with 135,000 mi on it. Should I swap the engine out and which would be the best/easiest? or should i stick with the stock engine and mod it? suggestions would be nice

As I Posted In Another Thread. I Bought A Complete Gude Performance Head Package And Turned A 13.46@97mph On Street Tires. The Two Best Parts Of That Story Is That My Motor Is The Original B18a1 Non Vtec And The Head Package Cost Me Around $1500.00 Its Good Stuff. If You Plan On Going This Route, Ask Mr. Bill Gude For The Gorilla Cams And Vavle Spring Kit To Match. You Wont Regret It. By The Way, Its Easy To Tune, The Cams Were Ground To Run At 0 Degrees. With Arp Rod And Head Bolts You Can Wind It Up To Around 9,000rpm No Problem. 55hp at the wheels........one more thing, he can build you a turbo kit to go on top of the head package or you can just buy the turbo system alone. best of both worlds. but for 2,000.00 i'd get the head package.

Last edited:
mucho miles

135,000 miles on the bad boy... u think i should keep it for now or swap engines and then get the Gude package?

Do You Have Any Other Mods On The Car? If Your On A Budget And Wanna Be Faster Than You Are Now, I Would Say Buy The Gude Head Package, Overhaul Your Motor Top And Bottom. If This Car Is Not Your Daily Driver, You Could Also Stuff A Set Of Type R Pistons In Your Block And Raise Compression To About 13:1:1, But You Will Need To Run 100 Octane. If Its Your Daily Driver Then Dont, Because The Gude Head Is Radiused And The Compression Will Be 11:1:1 With Your Stock Bottom End.

Caps aren't necessary on every word. It's hard to read that.

Type R pistons will not raise your compression to 13:1, only to about ~10.5... can't recall the exact compression ratio, but it's only in the 10s; certainly not 13s. It's perfectly safe to run pump gas with the itr pistons.

You've got an engine that will need to be refreshed soon... new seals, bearings, rings, a valve job... I'd just rebuild that, and put some aftermarket forged pistons
in the block.

It all depends on what you want. Cheap, fast, or reliable: you can have 2 out of three.

Quiestions to be asked:
1)What do you want to do with the car? What will you normally be doing with this car?
2)How much are you willing to spend REALISTICALLY?
3)Where do you live? This will give us an idea of how to help you along in the easiest possible way with dealing with the authorities; very applicable to californians.
4)How much do you already know about cars, specifically, YOUR car? I know my DA pretty much inside and out, so almost any questions related to it in its stock form, I can help you out with just about anything.

sorry.... what i meant to say is that with the head package, the head is radiused so compression is at 11:1:1 on a stock bottom end, if he stuffs the type r pistons in the block with the head package his compression will be 13:1:1...........with the head package. i just stuffed my b18a1 block with pr3's. the car pulls harder than with the stock pistons.

I live in Aurora IL..Im gonna make this car a daily driver but i still wanna make it a quick car with a decent engine. Looking to spend less than 5g maybe 6. And i kno practically nothing about my car.

I have a 92 Integ GS and i was just wondering what would be some badass mods to it. It has a b18b1 engine with 135,000 mi on it. Should I swap the engine out and which would be the best/easiest? or should i stick with the stock engine and mod it? suggestions would be nice

i thought the 92 Teg GS had the B18A1 or was it swapped??

It did come with the B18A1, not that it makes a significant difference.

Are you really sure you want to spend $6000 on a 14 year old car? If you are then you can make some pretty serious power with that kind of cash, just make sure you really are sure.

As for Gude, I don't know if they are any better now but as of 04 their Honda products had a really bad reputation. Low quality, didn't lst, etc. If they have improved, I haven't heard anything about it (not that I have kept up with everything since I sold my Integra). Just be wary of them.

Back