92 integra gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
There is a guy at my school with a 92 GSR, and it has a B16A1 engine... I always thought these came with the B17... He said no one ever swapped it out. Is this the right engine? :shrug2:

:withstupid: The 92-93 GSR came with a B17a engine only made in the US....the DA type body integras that did come with a B16a can be found in the Japanese models Xsi and Rsi.

I checked his VIN in a owners manual, and his says it was made in Japan. Also, the stamp on the block is: B16A1. If this is not the real engine for the car, which car came with an "A1"? The reference section does not have a B16a1...

Also his VIN says it is, in fact, a GSR.

Originally posted by scottp11@Mar 25 2004, 09:19 PM
I checked his VIN in a owners manual, and his says it was made in Japan. Also, the stamp on the block is: B16A1. If this is not the real engine for the car, which car came with an "A1"? The reference section does not have a B16a1...

Also his VIN says it is, in fact, a GSR.

Ok look, if his car is a US model GSR it came with a B17A1. If it is a XSi/RSi it is RHD and has a B16A, if it is from Europe it is a B16A1.

the motor was swapped. thats all. B16a1's came in the JDM CRX's and DA's.

If I was you I would check the VIN again if its a true 92-93 GSR it should say in the VIN DB2... if it says db2 then it is a gsr with a b16a1 motor swap done before he got it. if it say da9 it is an ls,rs or gs with a b16a motor swap as well. and yeah like someone said before the 92-93 GSR came with the B17a1. good luck

Back