92 Integra Ls Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright man I have a 92 integra as well and I have contemplated this issue as well. You mentioned that this will be your daily driver so I assume reliability is an important factor for you. This being said, don't do vtec conversion AND a turbo. Do one or the other. LS vtecs have reliability issues as it is and strapping a turbo kit on that would cost you ALOT of time and money to get right and it would be easier just to do a gsr, or itr, or even a k20 swap. My advice is to build the LS. Non vtecs are more reliable with turbo's anyway. Build the bottom end well. Bore and sleeve your block and I would suggest wiseco coated low comp pistons, gsr rods have been tested to 500 hp, new bearings, a knifed gsr crank will work great, and get your head ported with turbo cams, valves, valve springs, and retainers. A fuel system and exhaust will be necessary, and get a good brake kit because its hard to stop from 170mph on oem brakes....trust me. This should be good for about 30 lbs of boost from your turbo kit if its built right. But if you have to do vtec do the head swap and go all motor or supercharge it with a mild pulley.

a knifed crank for reliability, yeah right that kills engine life, and judging from this post he doesnt have lots of money to replace his engine when it breaks. his car was alo modified before he got it, which probably means it has gotten the shit kicked out of it by the original owner

A knifed crank does not kill engine life as long as the block is built and it's properly balanced and blueprinted. My buddy has a fully built crx with a knifed crank and he has put over 50k miles on it without major problems. Use fully synthetic oil though. It reduces rotational mass= faster revs= faster spool up on that turbo. And it doesn't matter how bad it was beat on before because when you rebuild the block and head - bore, sleeve, internals, headwork, balanced and blueprinted - it's pretty much as good as new.

Last edited:
his budget is 3 grand, after he did all of that, he would have no more money for a turbo setup all he needs to do is racing rods, bock gaurd, low comp pistons, and a head gasket and he should be good. then turbo it.

and removing large amounts of material from the crank counterwieghts can create and underbalanced situation where the counterwieghts do not cancel out the wieght of the rod and piston, this creates vibratory stress on the motor. excessive lightning should not be used on engines that long term durability is an issue.

thanks for the definiton of rebuilding the engine, i didnt know what it meant

ls integra

well thanks guys yea im just ganna get some good pistons and rings rods and crank.. i found a package deal on ebay for crank pistsons rods and gurdal made by ariass and eagle.. good for 900 hp brand new for 1100.. and the turbo kit i want with everything i need for 800 .. thats ebay to but it seems pretty reliable but hey if the turbo blows well its only 200 to replace it from there company lol.. any way that leaves me just anough money for nick nacks and shit that always pops up when your doing this kind of work.. well my cars ganna be pulled into the bay in a week or 2 after i get this other 91 da im bout to bye.. its pretty clean and has ac witch i really need cause if you ever turboed a da you know you gotta ditch the ac,.. well peace yall.. oh 1 more thing when i adjust the timing on my b18a1 warm what should the tach read? 900 or 1000 rpm on idle?

ls integra

well thanks guys yea im just ganna get some good pistons and rings rods and crank.. i found a package deal on ebay for crank pistsons rods and gurdal made by ariass and eagle.. good for 900 hp brand new for 1100.. and the turbo kit i want with everything i need for 800 .. thats ebay to but it seems pretty reliable but hey if the turbo blows well its only 200 to replace it from there company lol.. any way that leaves me just anough money for nick nacks and shit that always pops up when your doing this kind of work.. well my cars ganna be pulled into the bay in a week or 2 after i get this other 91 da im bout to bye.. its pretty clean and has ac witch i really need cause if you ever turboed a da you know you gotta ditch the ac,.. well peace yall.. oh 1 more thing when i adjust the timing on my b18a1 warm what should the tach read? 900 or 1000 rpm on idle?

here are my parts

his budget is 3 grand, after he did all of that, he would have no more money for a turbo setup all he needs to do is racing rods, bock gaurd, low comp pistons, and a head gasket and he should be good. then turbo it.

and removing large amounts of material from the crank counterwieghts can create and underbalanced situation where the counterwieghts do not cancel out the wieght of the rod and piston, this creates vibratory stress on the motor. excessive lightning should not be used on engines that long term durability is an issue.

thanks for the definiton of rebuilding the engine, i didnt know what it meant

here is the turbo kit for 800 eBay Motors: 90-01 Integra CRX Del Sol B16 B18 T4 T04E Turbo Kit S (item 270160566858 end time Sep-05-07 19:19:27 PDT)

here are the rods and crank
eBay Motors: B18A1 B1 Honda Acura Integra Eagle Crank Rods DOHC Vtec (item 200148330125 end time Sep-06-07 22:12:41 PDT)

and heres the pistons..
eBay Motors: Honda Acura Integra B18A1 B1 SRP Forged Pistons Turbo (item 200147797575 end time Sep-07-07 22:30:00 PDT)
do you all think that this will make a good bottom end and turbo setup.. thats the best i can do on a budget..?

the crank is not needed, a pointless upgrade...

I agree on the crank, not really necessary for your goals, although it's not going to hurt anything either.

Oh, and sorry to threadjack, but that quote in your sig about boosting the all motor d16 is hilarious c97x. Was that from somebody on here?

crank?

I agree on the crank, not really necessary for your goals, although it's not going to hurt anything either.

Oh, and sorry to threadjack, but that quote in your sig about boosting the all motor d16 is hilarious c97x. Was that from somebody on here?

oh but keep in mind my crank that i have proly has 200,000 miles on it and proly isnt in the best shape.. and well the package deal looks pretty good.. might as well i want reliabilty too..

whats your horsepower goal for your car, boosted?

how much power will i have when its done?

well i plan on running 20 psi with the built bottom end.. so humm lets see between 170-180 hp on motor and then the turbo im geussing 250-350 if anyone thinks ill get more say somthing...

humm

why do you say that? the 500.00 ones look like scrap but the 1 i found was 1 of the better1s.. idk..lol

lets put it this way, REAL aftermarket companies sell turbo kits for 1500+, the shit is quality and i think if they could drop the price alittle they would, but getting real quality goods costs money. now you got this ebay kit with its t3/t4 the whole kit costs 600bucks the quality is going to be shit. a garrett t3/t4 costs 600+ just for the turbo.

i mean its up to you how you spend your money and if you want to go ebay more power to you, but me and alot of others wouldnt trust the shit as far as we could throw it.

if i were you with the 3k i would buy a newer motor for your car, another b18b instead of wasting on the rebuild, and then piece a turbo kit. you could probably piece a turbo kit for like 1500 using almost new componets. you can get some stuff on ebay,but not the turbo.

Back