92 integra making a burning smell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

my DA is making a dry burning smell and im guessing its my clutch burning because it recently started sliping when i shift fast at low and high rpm i ordered a XTR stage 1 clutch from ebay and im wondering after i put it in how to adjust the cable properly because since i bought the car the clutch has relased at the top and i hate it.also if you have any other idea of what could be making this burn smell it smells kinda like a plastic burning and ive checked all my plastic stuff and nothing is touching the exhaust.

the cable adjustment is quite simple. with the car not running you turn the plastic adjustment nut on the cable at the cable mount on the transmission until it is just before having tension on it. Go into the car and press the clutch in slowly. you should have about an inch of freeplay until you have tension. If not turn the nut accordingly until you do. Then fire it up and clutch it, put it into gear and slowly release the clutch to make sure that it will fully engage and disengage. You can look at your tach and you'll be able to feel it and hear it.

I feel sorry for you though, pulling the tranny is not the easiest job on those, I did mine about two months ago.

I also looked at that clutch on ebay too. I researched reviews about it and a lot of ppl didn't like it. I don't have any experience with them so can't really say they are bad or if you made a wrong decision tho.

To the point tho...if it slips, maybe oil is getting on them from the rear main seal. My bro stage 3 clutch was slipping and it was the rear main seal. It's a pain to take it off and put it back on but you have to do it to confirm it.

And the plastic burning smell might be from the clutch burning off the oil that got on it.

yeah i found out that it wasnt easy we did somthing wrong because the car wont go in gear while running idk why. and i found the burn smell a plastic bag wrapped mt exhaust and is melting there. but anyways any idea why it wont go in gear i didntt put the clutch plate on backwards and i adjusted the cable all the way and it still wont go in

The clutch can only go on one way. The side with the springs will not fit against the flywheel. For your transmission to mate to the block, the clutch has to be aligned for the input shaft. The only thing that I could think it could be is your linkage, but even that doesn't make sense. Unless while swapping you bent the rods or destroyed the bushings. Were you able to get the roll pin out in chassis or did you pull the linkage with your tranny?

Back