92 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

just bought this 92 integra gs for 50$ pretty conditon no rust on quaters but on the trunk lid. couldnt go wrong for 50$ now i need a engine for this thing but i dont know if i can use 5 spd engine on a auto teg. is everything the same or do i need anything the engine that it has right now loos so clean but it makes loud as nosies and feels realy slow. the kid i bought it off said it when they rebuild the engine they fucked up some how and thats y is all gone. now what i was wondering do i need the whole engine or just get the bottom end or should just get a whole other engine from the junk yard or off someone off this. the car is great conditon and interior is mint. what should i do my friend he will swap the engine if he can keep the one thats in the car right now and rebuild it.

Just taking a stab in the dark, but its probably got a spun bearing. Even still it is very possible to rebuild the engine. You will not be able to tell the condition of the engine just by listening. Since you bought it off some "kid" I would probably consider swaping a new engine in.

You can use a 5spd engine on your automatic integra. You will just need to use an automatic clutch and flywheel.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@May 25 2005, 01:10 PM
Just taking a stab in the dark, but its probably got a spun bearing. Even still it is very possible to rebuild the engine. You will not be able to tell the condition of the engine just by listening. Since you bought it off some "kid" I would probably consider swaping a new engine in.

You can use a 5spd engine on your automatic integra. You will just need to use an automatic clutch and flywheel.
[post=503422]Quoted post[/post]​

are the sensors and plug connections the same or different.

That is going to depend on the year of the engine. You want an obd1 setup (92-95) to match what you have now

Back