92 ls integra swap into 96 ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EnviousEK

I have a 1996 Honda Civic EX about 3 weeks ago I threw a rod through my D-Series motor I ran into a jdm b16 SIR II motor and got scamed out of that so I am down $600 but I ran into a 92 LS Integra motor for a good price from a friend I am not sure what I would need to complete this swap I am on limited funds and limited time I have a pregnant fiance and one car which is now out of commission... I have all the parts necessary to get the swap done yet I am not sure if I have ALL the parts:

Engine, Tranny, ECU

I contacted autozone for the axles and also I am not sure of the mount kit again and like I said before I am on limited funds because this was a premature engine swap and wasn't supposed to be done for a couple of months from now when I planned to do it... If someone can please help and let me know the necessary -parts that I need to make this swap succesful.

and as a added bonus is there a way to convert this obd 1 engine to obd 2 specifications..

Thanks in advance for everyone's help

If by limited funds you mean you have another 500 or so to get the rest of the parts you are going to need, then you will be ok, and if you mean at least a week to get parts and install them onto the engine to get it to obd2 spec, then you have the time.
Otherwise you are screwed because a Da to Ek swap in pretty involved, there is wiring compatability issues, radiator, axles, oil pump changeover, and a few hundred dollar mount kit that needs to be purchased, and lets not forget you will still have to conver the cable trans to work off your hydraulic clutch system.
I would see about just getting an obd2 replacement d series engine for the time being, they are cheap and will be a lot quicker to put in than an da integra engine.

I see your point yet if I wanna do my swap I am gonna have to do it now I have an agreement with my parents to use there car until i get my car finished I have opted just to buy the 92 LS Longblock and to get an upgraded tranny I will just have to have a little more patience and wait another two weeks until I get paid again so that I can finish buying my parts.

If you could can you list the parts that I will need to turn my OBD 1 engine to OBD 2 thats whats most important to me...

I will be grabbing axles and an ECU that I might just get Hondata for and there is a Stage 3 Exedy Clutch already installed on the engine... i will also be looking to get B Series Headers... I already have a full catback Magnaflow exhaust system on there that I can't wait to hear after it's all said and done...

I wasn't aware that I had to upgrade the fuel pump I was told that I could keep my stock d series one for they were the same size..

Any advice that can be given to me will be very helpful and let me know of some upgrades that I might as well do while the engine is still out of the car..

ok, for the wiring (obd1 to obd2) there is 2 ways to do it, you can either buy a 1995 acura integra engine harness, OR you can swap over the injectors from your civic engine to the intega engine, and also purchase analternator, oil pump and crankshaft position sensor for a 1996+ integra, and then re-use your civic wiring harness.
The easiest thing in my opinion is to buy the integra wiring harness.
Either way you are going to need an ecu for a 96-99 integra, you can use your stock ecu, but it is not going to give you the higher redline or the correct fuel maps, so the engine will not reach it's potential.
So for a recap:
1995 integra engine wiring harness (or the other option)
1996-99 integra ecu

You do not need to upgrade your fuel pump unless you are planning to do a turbo or higher compression.
You are going to need a tranny from any 94+ integra
also, a 99-2000 civic Si radiator because the integra engine uses larger radiator hoses and the 2000 civic si radiator accomodates those hoses.
If you are getting the axles make sure you get the right ones, they changed the axle design in 1994, so you have to match the axles and the halfshaft to the transmission, your civic axles will not work, nor will your civic tranny.
Also, with the 92 integra engine you are going to have to change the engine mount bracket on the belt side and replace it with a 94+ integra mount bracket and mount.
as far as upgrades while the engine is out, I would replace the timing belt and the water pump, its alot easier when the engine is out of the car. anything else would be internal or something you can do when the engine is in the car.

Last edited:
Back