92 nissan 240..sr20DET swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think i'm gonna have to pass. As much as i'd like to, there's just too many if's I guess. Great car for someone in new york for sure though.

Why not pay the inspection fee again in NY b? Get a reading of the smog levels so you know what to expect.

Also, even if it DID fail emissions, you can always build a custom exhaust that has 4 cat's in it, bolt it on for the inspection, pass, and then switch the exhaust.

damn dude sick car and an even sick price. sad part is I paid that much for my civic, all it had was coilovers. I got f-ed by the dealer I could have a sick ass 240! damnit!

Why not pay the inspection fee again in NY b? Get a reading of the smog levels so you know what to expect.

Also, even if it DID fail emissions, you can always build a custom exhaust that has 4 cat's in it, bolt it on for the inspection, pass, and then switch the exhaust.

the ny sticker is meaningless here in ct.

when i buy the car, i get a 30 day temp pass, that's not renewable.
in that 30 days, i have to pass emissions, out of state inspection (mostly vin verification), and get my real plate.

If i fail emissions or inspection, and i can't get it done in 30 days, i can't even get another temp plate to drive to the emissions center again, so basically, the car is worthless to me.

the ny sticker is meaningless here in ct.

when i buy the car, i get a 30 day temp pass, that's not renewable.
in that 30 days, i have to pass emissions, out of state inspection (mostly vin verification), and get my real plate.

If i fail emissions or inspection, and i can't get it done in 30 days, i can't even get another temp plate to drive to the emissions center again, so basically, the car is worthless to me.

Well, if the sellar gets it reinspected in NY, and provides you with the smog levels, you will be able to verify (by checking CT emission regs) weather or not it will pass in CT as well.

Also B, i cant believe you dont have any "friends" who can hook you up at an inspection station. I had plenty of those in MA.

EDIT: What about having part of the bill of sale state that if you are unable to get it to pass inspection, that you can return it for your money to the sellar . . .

I'll trade you a 97 Integra and a built ls-vtec swap.

FUCKBEANS!!!! I wish I had that kind of money so bad and if I was 18 I'd take a loan just to get that.

These are pretty crappy ones from under a street light but it gives the basic idea.
teg2.jpeg

teg3.jpeg

teg1.jpeg

1997 Acura Integra
Auto
Spoon Style power windows (not installed, primered)
Key-less entry with remote start
Tsudo N1 Style Catback
Comptech Intake
Koyo Dual Core Aluminum Radiator
will come with sunroof I never had installed
I'm the second owner of the car. Bought it in 2003 from the original owner who bought it at the end of her lease. While she owned it it was serviced at the dealership. While I owned it it was serviced at my family's mechanic. Has only been in 2 slight fender benders. Once while she owned it. Minor hit and run that she paid for because it was less than the deductible. Once while I owned it. "Rear-ended" but only suffered a small crack in the bumper. Again paid for out of pocket because it was less than the deductible. Last year a drunk also kicked in the passenger side fender but that has since been replaced and allowed for the spoiler to be re-painted(paint on the fiberglass was slightly faded).

Besides a minor dent(Ding King could prob get it out) and a few dings, exterior is good. Car gets detailed by me at least once a month. Paint is in great shape. No rust.

Swap
Top End
Full 98 GSR head (LS-V setup)
GSR camshafts
ARP GSR (LS-V) head studs
LS-V conversion kit (homemade)
Head had a valve job on intake side with Type R dual valve springs & retainers, resurfaced
Chipped obd1 p28 with a tuned map for LS-V

Bottom End
B18A1 bored and honed to 81.5mm
JE 9:1 pistons
JE pro seal rings
ARP rod studs
Crower H beam rods
ACL race bearings(rods & mains)
Rotating assembly rebalanced
Arizona Race pro cool block guard
New Type R oil pump
New Type R water pump

Last edited:
Thought the username SlushBoxTeggy gave that away. I've wanted to swap it since I got it, just never could afford the downtime if it didn't bolt right up on the first try.

lmaoooooooooo yeah the kit is kinda a pain in the ass

Nice sr20det... $5k is cheap, good luck with the sale.

Back