92, possible locked up motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deadhooker

Hey All,

This is a bit of a newbie question, so if I am in the wrong forum, my apologies.

I have a 92 SI 4WS that was having the low oil light intermittently come on. I kept it topped off (or so I hoped). The other day while driving it was on and off but no odd noises. The vehicle started to surge and then lost all power. Pulled it off the highway and it wouldn't turn over. I have since tried a few times and nothing.

It has plenty of electrical power, but won't even start to turn. I had a friend who thought it was possibly seized accessories (such as alternator, pump, etc.)

what have gone through and checked so far??
-pull oil pan if you can -chk bottom end.
-chk oil level
- is starter kicking on?? (tryin to turn motor over)
-or try turning flywheel by hand(with spark plugs out)
might have seized up a bearing...

roughknight: Any cels? I am sorry as I'm not sure what that is.

pooky: I believe the oil was low, but topped it off after getting the car to the house, so that unfortunately will not yield an accurate result.

If I pull the pan, am i looking for chunks of metal or something of that nature?

The motor tries to "turn". It definitely has power, but goes one crank into it and is done. Much like a starter, but much harder of a stall.

haven't tried to move the flywheel. I was told to try and turn the crank.

sounds like your oil pump was slowly taking a shit of you. the oil light was for the poor pressure it was pushing, and when it finally went all your bearings went dry for oil and its a nice paper weight now. thats my guess

Back