92 Prelude blown motor..H23a3?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blacktooth

I have been searching and can't find my answer.My brother needs an engine in his car and I don't know much about the Preludes.

The car is a 1992 Honda Prelude Si with a blown H23a1. I guess that is what happens when you don't put oil in it. The engine he wants to pick up seems to be a H23a3 from a website online for under $900 shipped.

The question is what do I need to swap from one to the other? I am assuming that I need to swap dizzy and fuel rails. I don't like to assume anything though.

I have also found out the USDM engine uses a knock sensor while the JDM or EDM H23 variants do not. What would I have to do about this? This sounds like something that will mess up timing on the new interference engine.

Any help in this matter will help greatly. I just got done swapping an engine in a buddies subaru this winter and haven't had time to work on my own stuff. If i am missing a posting or website out there with a write up of a 92-96 prelude with this swap please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

-Thomas

Back