1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Prelude blown motor..H23a3?

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by blacktooth, Mar 18, 2009.

1. blacktooth

blacktooth New Member

I have been searching and can't find my answer.My brother needs an engine in his car and I don't know much about the Preludes.

The car is a 1992 Honda Prelude Si with a blown H23a1. I guess that is what happens when you don't put oil in it. The engine he wants to pick up seems to be a H23a3 from a website online for under $900 shipped.

The question is what do I need to swap from one to the other? I am assuming that I need to swap dizzy and fuel rails. I don't like to assume anything though.

I have also found out the USDM engine uses a knock sensor while the JDM or EDM H23 variants do not. What would I have to do about this? This sounds like something that will mess up timing on the new interference engine.

Any help in this matter will help greatly. I just got done swapping an engine in a buddies subaru this winter and haven't had time to work on my own stuff. If i am missing a posting or website out there with a write up of a 92-96 prelude with this swap please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Draft saved Draft deleted