92 prelude bogging at low rpms and idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay for the crankcase, did you leave it in until the next oil change or did you let it sit or run for so many minutes before changing the oil.

As for the PCV valve, you let it suck it up and then let it run until the smoke stops coming out the exhaust. I was reading the instructions on the Seafoam website and it was saying to let it sit in the engine with it turned off for 5 minutes.

I am being picky about how I do it because I do not want to be informed by another forum user or someone I know that I was not suppose to do it that "way" and end up messing something up. Basically I don't like to be the idiot that put brake fluid in his crankcase senario. I've heard it done before and I know to make sure I'm doing something right before I mess things up. I sure you know the way I feel.

i didnt change my oil until my next oil change was due (although, its probably a good idea to change it after you do the treatment).

As for turning the engine off that is not how i did it, but if thats what the can says, you can probably do it that way. I was worried about hydro locking my engine, so i did it my own way.

also a friend of mine said that u might b able to access the fuel pump from under the back seat or is that wishful thinking?????

ne ways i think i heard someone say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
create a new thread dude, dont jack someone elses.
NERVE RACKIN SONS OF BITCHEZZZZZZZZZ

Just 1more

Secondly, the rule around here (and on every other message board you go to) is post a topic one time in only one section. Do not jack other people's posts for your questions either because its rude. "From Reikoshea

srry guys but yall bust my ballz all the time so i fingered i give it back to yall lmmfassoff:D

accessing the tank from under the seats is wishful thinking. its gonna take you and a friend (hopefully a strong one) to drop that tank...and dont wear pants you like when you do it...8 months later the dirt is ALMOST gone.

Here's all the steps i did to fix mine when i had that problem (its been a while, but the last one was the MOST noticeable improvement)

replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor (NGK plugs and wires, oem cap and rotor)
checked the timing of my engine
replaced fuel pump (car stopped working)
replaced main relay (realized this was the issue after the fact)
performed seafoam treatment
cleaned out the IACV screen with brake cleaner
adjusted the FITV
purchased a P28 ecu and had it chipped with a program from intercrew racing.

Problem solved.

wouldn't if the ecu was bad it would put the cel. on?

did you find out what the problem was that makes the idel shitty during the under 3,000 rpm? cuz my gf's accord is doing the same exact thing and its so daym frustrating. And now, its constantly at all rpms. Is it the main relay? or fuel issue?

still haven't figured anything out on the lude its income tax time so i am intending on sending it to honda when i get the cash and let them deal with the headache

still haven't figured anything out on the lude its income tax time so i am intending on sending it to honda when i get the cash and let them deal with the headache
Good luck with that I just took my ride to them 2 weeks ago cause of the same problem after I tried troubleshooting it myself for 2 months and got frustrated, they had it for a day and couldn't figure it out. They wan'ted me to ring it back so they could finish but I told them no, figured I'd already replaced everything except 3 things that could be the problem I might as well finish it myself. Fuel pump and new computer. Mine don't start bogging till I hit 5500 but if I keep on it she'll pick up after a while.

accessing the tank from under the seats is wishful thinking. its gonna take you and a friend (hopefully a strong one) to drop that tank...and dont wear pants you like when you do it...8 months later the dirt is ALMOST gone.

Here's all the steps i did to fix mine when i had that problem (its been a while, but the last one was the MOST noticeable improvement)

replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor (NGK plugs and wires, oem cap and rotor)
checked the timing of my engine
replaced fuel pump (car stopped working)
replaced main relay (realized this was the issue after the fact)
performed seafoam treatment
cleaned out the IACV screen with brake cleaner
adjusted the FITV
purchased a P28 ecu and had it chipped with a program from intercrew racing.

Problem solved.
I wouldn't say it's wishful thinking Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com

any1 think maybe it could be the idle air control valve sticking open i was reading a couple of pages about this part and it seems like this could very well b the prob. since it really only seems to appear after the car warms up.

it could be the IACV, but there is no real repair for it (if i remember correctly ) the only thing that can be done is to replace it or try and clean out the screen with some B12.

yeah sadly i haven't found a repair for it only replacing and advance auto wants 258. and change for the damn thing so i'm wondering if honda could tell me or any competent garage for that matter. if that is the prob. because that would b a hell of a sacrifice if it isn't the prob. like all the others ive tried so far.

Back