92 prelude bogging at low rpms and idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i replaced the IACV on my gf's accord with a used IACV, and the problem is still there. i think it might be something with ignition coil in the distributor. Anyone ever tried that yet?

k i tried the iacv and the fitv. (Fast Idle Thermo Valve) the plunger was out pretty far so i turned it in tight however im still getting vacuum through the throttle body where the fitv hole is when warm. Is this saying that the valve is bad and needs to b replaced it has pretty much calmed the idle down. but i still am getting the stumble under light accel. this is getting really fuckin old. i have another throttle body but i cant find the bitch to switch the valves outta em. damn. any suggestions guys????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have the exact same problem on a 92 Prelude.

To date, I have replaced the IACV, FITV and the Air Boost valve. The combination of these 3 changes has given me a 95% fix on the problem. However, now I am getting some misfires. Tomorrow, I will be doing a full tune-up, which hopefully will solve this once and for all.

where is the air boost valve located on the h23a1. ive tried all else whats another stab in the dark

it seems like there is a lot of prob. with idles. however my main prob. is when i press lightly on the gas after the car has idled for a few sec. or so (stoplight). it will bog down terribly if i accel. lightly however if i stomp the gas to the floor she will sputter real quik then take off like norm. i have noticed a little power loss but. not much. and i do have a little bit of a missfire at idle when in drive but if i put it into neutral or park it really doesn't bog as bad. all the other things ive changed have gotten rid of the surging idle and stalling right after starting however i cant get rid of the damn bog under light accel. any1 had any prob. similar to this...?????????????????????????????????????

it seems like there is a lot of prob. with idles. however my main prob. is when i press lightly on the gas after the car has idled for a few sec. or so (stoplight). it will bog down terribly if i accel. lightly however if i stomp the gas to the floor she will sputter real quik then take off like norm. i have noticed a little power loss but. not much. and i do have a little bit of a missfire at idle when in drive but if i put it into neutral or park it really doesn't bog as bad. all the other things ive changed have gotten rid of the surging idle and stalling right after starting however i cant get rid of the damn bog under light accel. any1 had any prob. similar to this...?????????????????????????????????????

Yea I had this as well. Time to change your plugs & wires; if that doesn't solve it then you may also need to change your distributor cap & rotor

Havent read the entire thread but something to think about... If not inspected or changed, check out the catalytic converter.

Also, you said you've changed the whole distrubutor? Does that include the coil & ignitor?

tried the coil it seemed to have gotten worse so i took the new one back but i didnt' know there was a seperate ignitor where is that at??????couldn't hurt to try

already ran a comp. check i got about 180 the whole way across

well honda ladies................. lol thanx for all of your input on the damn prelude but its time to go back tooooo chevy and nothin but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.... hey check out my new chevy pages and if ne1 wants my lude lemme know but ssoooon cuz she wont b around for long but thanx guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had to say chevy ! #1lolololohahahhahhahhhahahhaha
check out the 02Impala when i get her u p and running:ph34r:

aww thats sad :( anotha one bites the dust (im thinking about getting a firebird.....but im not sellin my lude).

I have one that wont accelerate at idle and hunts for an idle when cold .... after it warms up she seems to run fine .... any suggestions

Back