92 prelude h22a into a prelude 88

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kedge

beleave it have managed to fit a 92 prelude h22a into a 88 prelude 4 wheel steering want somthing differant.

now wiring i have all the wiring and computers out of the 92 prelude

minus the engine not going all electric's work on the 88 prelude so all i need to do is find a way of separating the computer on the 92 wiring and install it in to the 88 prelude to get the engine running.

im i going the right way about it or is there a easyer way.

can sombody point me in the right dirrection on what to do

cheers
kedgenz

I'm sure that you could get the computer to be a standalone, seperate from the car. But there lies the problem. If you do that, none of your guages will work. What you have is a wiring nightmare. :ph34r:

if you havent already, get a helms manual for both the car the motor came out of and the car you have. sit down with all the wiring diagrams, grab your soldering iron, and start splicing. its not gonna be fun, but its the only way. you may want to call someone like hasport, they may either have or be able to cook something up for you, i know they do wiring harnesses for almost every honda/acura swap. not cheap though.

Originally posted by imprt92@May 21 2004, 12:09 PM
92 preludes didnt come w/ h22's. not till 93 just thought you should know

JDM Preludes did, hence you can get an engine from 1992 with an engine code of H22A, but you CAN'T get an engine from 1992 with a code of H22A1.

Back