92 prelude H23 swap...Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j-speclude

Whats shaken? Alrite I have a 92 si lude(H23a) and im swapping it out for a jdm H22a. Im keeping the 2/3 tranny and bolting it up to the 2/2 engine. Anyone that has done this type of swap have you had any problems with the censors an the wiring? What parts am I going to have to change(throttle body, distrubuter)?? I noticed that the 2/2 motor has different censors than the 2/3.. I always thought you could use the original wiring harness of the 2/3 and run a couple of wires to the ecu... I dunno im a first timer but any advice at all wud be very helpfull. Thanx

you wont have any problems besides wiring the vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure switch. that's if the h22 is an obd1 engine(93-95). if it is newer than 95, then you most likely will need a obd1-obd2 harness conversion. you can get these all over the internet, just do a search.

the transmission should bolt right up, that shouldnt give you ANY problems at all.

Yeah its an obd1 engine i believe it came out of an 94 prelude. We bolted up the tranny and it gave us no problem.. Ok im a lil confused on the wiring part, if you could go into futher details on that it would be much appreciated. (vtec soleniod, oil pressure switch)?

you have to add 2 wires

- Vtec solenoid: Pin A4
- Vtec pressure switch: Pin D6
you only need to wire the orange and blue ones, also the black one(its just a ground coming from the vtec solenoid.
vtecwiringpic.gif

heres a picture of the pinouts
obd1pinout.jpg

and here is how to count them. you sholdnt have to worry about the knock sensor since you should have it.
dsc00908xe0.jpg

uhh, yeah what he said. the knock sensor SHOULD be on your harness, if not, youll have to wire it up. Some people say that the h23 has one from the factory ( i know mine did ) others say they dont...i dunno, maybe certain year h23s didnt, but i know mine sure as hell did.

The only reason to replace the throttle body is if you break the one that comes on the engine. the one that comes with the engine is just fine.

as for the distributor, you will be completely fine using the h23 distributor, its easier, and you dont have to make up a model when you go to do a tune ( eg, if you decided to use the internal coil one, youd have to tell the parts guy you have a VTEC accord ).

finally the wiring, just follow d112's instructions and youll be all set.

Ok the ecu I got with the new motor(obd1H22) was either messed up or I don't know what.. So we used the original ecu of the h23 and the car is running fine and its really stout all except my vtec not engaging, and thats the problem! My solutionis to get a p13 ecu from hodata or have the messed up ecu sent back and have another one sent to me I dunno anyone have any Ideas or what cuz I'm lost......

i have a chipped p28 (intercrew program) and i love the hell out of it. i couldnt go back to the p13...its no fun :p.

get a p28 and have a shop in your area setup a base map for you.

yea, h22 sucks without vtec. h22 is a glorified h23 really. a tuned h23 can keep up with a stock h22, easy.

but yea, try to get yourself a chipped p28 and get a map for it. i have a few maps you could use. p13 WILL be a big improvement from the p14, but not like a p28 would be.

Hey i would love to have a ecu chipped if you can let me know how much this will cost me

Back