92 prelude head light not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SmoothRigoletto

SmoothRigoletto
last night on the way back home from work, my headlamps (low beams) were working fine. After a few mins at home i decided to go out with some friends. Got in my car and cranked it up. When i turned my head lights on, they weren't working at all. All other lights (turn signals, lamps, rear lamps) seem to work fine. So today i messed with it but couldn't figure out the cause and fix for it yet.

Problem:
BOTH my low beam headlights for my 92 prelude isn't working but both of my high beams are. I even tried pieces off of another (working condition) prelude's head lamp (9006), checked all the fuses with a light tester, headlight relay (under-dash fusebox). Also that little beeping noise under the dash (when you have your door open or your head lights on while the engine isn't running) isn't beeping anymore. Could they be related? How do i fix that problem? Please let me know. thanks guys and...gals

Last edited:
Ok, i been doing mad reasearch all and the only thing left to mess with are the ground and the headlight switch. I turned it on and off several times and my headlights finally came back on. Seems like it had a mind of its own almost. But i located the ground for the headlights and i brushed it really good and it didn't seem to give me any problems yet. Must have been really old and looks like paint is starting to chip off the inside car wall where the ground wire is mounted.

The ground mount wire is located at the passenger side towards the front corner near your corner lamp. You'll have to open the hood and look right next to your battery and air intake (if you have a short ram like me). You'll see a connector the size of 2.5 inches mounted onto the wall near the corner lamp wire. It's a unit with a white cover and alot of wires coming out of it. Use a 10 socket wrench to take that off and clean both the wall and the connector for better ground. I did that and it seem to fix my problem. Thats the ground for the headlights (low beam) and some of the other lamp/turn signals. Hope this helps all.

Last edited:
Back