92 prelude swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goowson

I have a 1992 honda prelude with a f22a automatic, nice ride but now i want more power. Basicaly i want to know what the best engine/transmission would be for me to replace the old one. i just need to know what will fit.

swap with the h22 everything is a direct fit no need to replace transmision as it bolts up easily only 2 wires to chase for the vtec to run very simple and no headaches. plug in your vtec ecu and your good to go .

I would say an H23 is also a good motor as it comes already sleved, so in the future you can turbo it if you wish, and still get good MPG or you can get an h22 and with an f22 trany, it would shift rather odd imo...

Awsome, thanks guys. i had no idea if the h22 or h23 would bolt straight in or if i had alot of modifications to do. Great info!

I also have a f22a1 I'n my lude and I'm already saving to swamp. Now I have some question towards a bulid I think is going to be good. I was thinking of getting a jdm f22b sohc v tec and swamp the head with a h22 v tec head with h23 manifold and fuel rail and injectors .. Will this thing work?? I know it's guna see the machine shop but I just need to know if this might work??.. Oh and what kind of ecu do I use? Any help will do thanks.

Back