92 Prelude Timing Belt Broken

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tedwright

Hey guys just wanna say the forum is great, TONS of great information!! i have come into a 92 prelude 4WS with a broken timing belt, the guy i got it from told me the valves are prob toast. what would you do if you were in my situation?? i understand i can replace the engine with the same type, which i would feel comfortable doing myself, but is there anything else i can do such as just replacing the head, possibly vtech?? i had a crx i did the zc swap in, and then later on a b16. im pretty familiar with b and d series engines, but H??? IM LOST. PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks
ted

I'd maybe pull the head off and have a look at the condition of the valvetrain.

That said, if you've got experience with swapping Hondas, an H-series into a Prelude is going to be a cakewalk for you.

Oh yeah, and it's "VTEC". :D

hey thanks, ill look into the valve train. lol and my portable phone is vtech. should be :sleep: ing! but what route do you think i should go if the valves are bent up?? new head, vtec head, say screw it and just get a new motor?? also isnt it possible that the pistons could be messed up from when the timing belt broke?? thanks for the quick reply

Back